Two mental victories, one post.

Options
First one:
Yesterday my ex started talking to me on Facebook. His first comment was pretty much "Wow, you look stunning. Are you working out or something?" Considering me dumped me, I did feel slightly smug. What was even cooler, however was the fact that I took the compliment and moved on. In the past, I always wanted to look good because of what someone else thought of me. Now I want to look good for myself and I want to be healthy for ME!

Which brings me to my second victory...
I used to always want to be rail thin. That's what I strived for day in and day out. In fact, I was rain thin. I would maintain and every single time the weight would creep back on. Thanks to MFP and the wonderful people here, I decided that rail thin is NOT what I want anymore. I used to be terrified of the word "muscle". I thought it meant a huge, bulky body and I had decided there was no way I wanted to exercise in case I ended up like that.
After hanging around here for awhile I have decided to totally change my way of thinking. I don't want to be sickly thin, I want to be healthy thin! I want to look strong and still have curves.
Basically what I am trying to say is "Thank you people!"
Cheers!

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Good for you lady!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Great going! I'm with you on the muscles! My goal in the beginning was to be "skinny". After reading the forums and posts on MFP, I now want to be "strong"! Keep it up!!! We can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on both victories! :)
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Cheers! and Cheers to you!
  • adila1979
    Options
    Congratulations! I think that you look lovely and that you've made a great point about not being rail thin. Keep up the good work! You look really great!
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks, thanks, THANKS!
    By the way feel free to add me, anyone. I like making new friends :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!