breakfast ideas

Options
Any ideas for a NON DAIRY breakfast...My breakfast is either an egg white omlette, oatmeal or last resort of PB & J. I am limited because of the dairy issue. Any good recipes?

Replies

• v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Quiches, dinner leftovers, dairy replacements, beans.

I like the coconut milk yogurts better than the almond or soy varieties, but you should try them all.

Refried beans with veggies and salsa and a tortilla.

A lot of dairy free milks can directly replace animal milk in recipes, so do not feel you need to give something up entirely.

I also have pancakes and waffles and breads and fruit, as well. I follow a vegan diet, so have several vegan cookbooks. These are, naturally, dairy free and have tastey options for your favorite breakfast foods. Colleen Patrick-Goudeau's "The Joy of Vegan Baking" has my favorite waffle and pancake recipies. There are also muffin, fruit crisp, scone, biscuit, and smoothie recipes.

I like to make a batch of biscuits, scones, or waffles on the weekend, split them into serving size ziplock bags, and toss them in the freezer for easy access during busy weekday mornings.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I never tried the coconut yogurt, I did not like the almond or soy either...There is 1 latose free yogurt but it only has 3 flavors. I have been using the coconut creamer for my coffee. I didnt think to make the other stuff with the coconut milk...
    TX!!
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    http://blogilates.com/recipe-index Some of the recipes on this website are dairy-free :) and her workouts are awesome, just as a side note!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Dinner left overs?
    Sandwiches or salads would be good too.

I'd suggest yoghurt and berries but you said no dairy >.<
  • danaweston
    Options
    Silk Coconut milk with protein powder with fruit smoothie