• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Karincakes you have an AWESOME back

Thanks! :blushing:
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    love sardine but only the ones in mustard...the ones in oil or water looks like they canned it straight from the ocean...yuk lol
  • RickBriggs
    Options
    The Italians are into this. But they grill fresh ones. But they also put them in sauces for pasta (I believe putanecsa sauce but that's probable anchovies). So you can for sure use them for a sauce. I eat them out of a can or in a sandwich with chipotle tabasco sauce on them. Bumble Bee and Chicken of the Sea are trash. Barely edible. New Brunswick are more expensive but better quality. The top of the line, (other than fresh) are Norwegian bristling sardines. Wow they're good!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I eat them with a squeeze of lemon and topped with capers and a sprinkle of sea salt. No crackers.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Pretty damn good for you...it's a whole food
    Omega 3s, Vitamin D, some calcium (eating bones and connective tissue is quite good for you, most people are lacking in these nutrients because they think it's gross or uncivilized)

Mix it in with tuna fish and spice it up with some combination of onions, garlic, coconut oil, and frank's red hot

For me, it's more like a supplement food for the unique and high amounts of nutrients. Sardines, whole eggs, oysters, liver, and other various small shellfish and whole fish make good multi-vitamin like foods.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Oh I love me some sardines! I remember trying them when I was very young, my mother loved them. Saying that they have to be in oil and boneless and skinless. I love them on German rye bread with butter. oh see now there is a tin in the cupboard, just might have to eat it for breakfast!