Sounds disgusting, but...

Options
2»

Replies

• sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I was just asking on my wall yesterday for a suggestion because I was craving Chicken Salad. I don't like mayo and was looking for an alternative. This is a great idea.

I also got: greek yogurt and avacado and ranch dressing as suggestions
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I wont use mayo, I think it's a waste of calories, so I mix my tuna with mustard.

You wont know something is good unless you try :)
  • balogda1
    balogda1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I pour a vinegrette dressing over tuna, and eat it out of the can. Low calorie, and only 2 Tbsp. It helps, and i think it tastes better than putting mustard on it.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Use 2 tsp olive oil and a 1 tbsp of dijon in place of the mayo and mix with a can of tuna. Add some cornichons instead of relish, plus some red onion. Healthy and tasty =)

I'll have to try the cottage cheese when I want my tuna salad a bit creamier!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese so it doesn't sound disgusting to me. Actually seems like a good idea.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've seen people use mustard instead of mayo to make tuna salad. I'm not rushing to do it myself :)

I do this! My fav is to mix it with some spicy brown mustard and a boiled egg white. So yummy and high in protein!

This is what I do as well. I love it.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Why cant You beilve It.. Cottage cheese is so good.
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Next time try mashing it up with avocado. Yum yum.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    if you want an amazing tuna add vinegar or relish. I was a girl who would NEVER and i mean NEVER eat tuna without mayo but i have found that adding chopped onions and some relish or vinegar makes it oh so good try it you might like it and its way healthier. Also I dont know if you know what this is but my hubby is portuguese and he adds this stuff called pimenta to the tuna with the vinegar and its super good
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I chop up some lettuce and onion then add mustard and worcestershire sauce when I make a tune salad sandwhich.
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chefswife1975
    chefswife1975 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My favorite is with hummus rather than mayo.
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know this was a few days ago.. but I love finding new recipes... in any case.. I did this the other day because I had ate plenty of fats (darn peanut butter always lol) and it was! delicious. Cottage cheese is a wonderful food lol.