Can't get rid of my double tire!

Options
Ok so do any other women have this problem? I seem to carry an extra ring of fat around my bust line, especially under my breasts. No matter how much weight I loose its still there. In addition I've got some hanging around the middle on my hips which also seems to me hard to loose.

My current measurements are:

Bust 36
Waist 32
Hips 39

I want to get to:

Bust 34
Waist 29
Hips 34

Anyone got any good advice or work out plans to get those two problems areas down? I've struggled with my bust line and hips for years....the curse of being a woman.

Replies

• 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    I am so with you on this. Mine is by my hips. The one on top I never really had , have you tried planks? Lean on the side? Just a thought? Might help. I will check on this post later and see if anyone else comes up with something.

The trainer at the gym just told me CARDIO and that I can't decide where the fat is going to come off but eventually it will leave the hip area. Still trying and pushing forward to see if that is true.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    No such thing as spot reduction. You can lose bodyfat, but your bod decides what goes first. I've lost 14 inches off my waist and still have a double chin. :grumble:

Cardio cardio cardio, plus calorie restriction. Just have to lose the fat. Sorry, :flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I found that I had areas that were harder to loose fat from then others. As I get on the lower side of the ideal body weight and decrease % body fat those areas are finally going away. I read reacently that having low fat dairy daily will help decrease fat going to your belly. Otherwise, muscle toning can help.

Good Luck.
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    Ha - so the trainer wasn't lying- who knew. I will continue hitting the cardio !:flowerforyou:
  • mayhem1969
    mayhem1969 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, CasperO is correct, exercising a certain area will not lead to results. While cardio is a great idea, you might also reduce your carbohydrates, especially simple carbohydrates, like white breads, pastas, sugars, etc. Some research suggests that these types of carbohydrates are stored around the stomach and hip areas.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I already do eat very health and lots of whole grains. I used to be a competitive athlete and even then the areas didn't reduce. I guess I worded my question poorly. I was looking for excercises I can do to tone these areas, especially under the bust.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I already do eat very health and lots of whole grains. I used to be a competitive athlete and even then the areas didn't reduce. I guess I worded my question poorly. I was looking for excercises I can do to tone these areas, especially under the bust.

leigh, do you mean under the bust as in your pectoral (chest) muscles? Or under the bust as in your upper abs and obliques (towards the stomach and waist)

They are two different groups.

Anyway, right, there's no way to spot reduce fat, but if it's not fat, one thing you have to consider is the natural width of your bone structure, some people can only get so thin. If it isn't visible fat , all you can do is firm up the muscle.
  • leighoconnell
    Options

leigh, do you mean under the bust as in your pectoral (chest) muscles? Or under the bust as in your upper abs and obliques (towards the stomach and waist)

Anyway, right, there's no way to spot reduce fat, but if it's not fat, one thing you have to consider is the natural width of your bone structure, some people can only get so thin. If it isn't visible fat , all you can do is firm up the muscle.

Its just an area that needs to be toned is all. No spot fat reduction. I just don't know any excersises to tone the area. It is the group of muscles right under the pecs I guess, before you get to the central ab muscles (so maybe upper abs?)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

Its just an area that needs to be toned is all. No spot fat reduction. I just don't know any excersises to tone the area. It is the group of muscles right under the pecs I guess, before you get to the central ab muscles (so maybe upper abs?)

Flys, presses, incline presses, decline presses, pushups, all good for the pectorals.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I do dips with my knees bent and my torso leaned forward, and I feel that area working when I do that.

Also, hanging from the dip tower at the elbows, back flat, pulling knees to chest.