Below kcal goal for a few days (200 each), eat more today?

Options
I have a question-

If I am under my calorie goal for a few days in a row, say 200 less, then could I go over my goal today by 100 to 200 cals and not see anything negative? I want to have a low fat treat this evening but it would probably put me over my cals by a hundred or so. My rationale sees this as something ok, as long as I don't do something like "oh last week I was under by 200 all week so today I can be over by 800" kind of thing...

Opinions?

Replies

• Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    As long as you are staying consistenly around your goals 90% of the time, getting off the wagon (not falling off, this should be a conscious decision, not an unplanned binge) 10% of the time is actually good for you. It helps keep you sane, and it also gives your body a bit of a jolt.

One question thought, why are you looking at a 'low fat' treat? A lot of low fat treats tend to make up for things by adding a lot more sugar. If you're going to do it, have the real thing. If I decide I'm eating ice cream, it's Hagen Daas (1 1/2 cup serving) not Skinny Cow. Count the calories, enjoy the treat, and carry on with your normal eating patterns. It works for me.
  • feefie04
    feefie04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh haha, I just didn't want to get into the fact that I am addicted to coffee, and want an espresso beverage with milk tonight :) Maybe some chocolate.... never whipped cream though and 2% milk always.

Mochas and Lattes are my weaknesses :)

Thanks for you advice! That exactly what I had been thinking.