Lunch on the go?

Options
I have a very busy job that keeps me on the go constantly. More often than not I am forced to eat while driving from one appointment to another. Unfortunately I end up resorting to drive through or taking things that won't go bad sitting in my car all day. TBH most of the time I go through the drive through because I get really sick of Peanut Butter sandwiches. Any suggestions of some healthier, fast and easy on-the-go meals for me?? Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Replies

• desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    First, buy a small cooler, should be bigger than a lunch box. Fill it with snacks in baggies, for example: popcorn, carrots, almonds, string cheese, snap peas, celery, peanut butter, yogurt, granola bars, crackers, apples, bananas, cereal etc.

Then you can put in hard boiled eggs, or you can make tuna salad with crackers, a sandwich, left overs that you don't mind eating cold, cold soups, or soups in a thermos, a small bottle of low fat dressing for salads, etc. Put a lot of those blue ice blocks in there too, you can get them at those dollar stores, like dollar tree, or walmart/target. This is a great system that works out well for me, that way I always have lots to chose from and really can't give myself an excuse to go to the drive through.

If you have to go through the drive through, educate yourself. Look up the menus at several fast food places and find the best absolute meal you could get, and write it down. Put that in your glove box, then if you ever find yourself NEEDING to go to a drive through, you know what to order. For example, if you have your bottle of low fat dressing in your cooler, you can pop by many drive thru's and get a grilled chicken salad, and use your dressing to keep calories and fat down.

Hope that helps! It works for me! :)