Workouts while recovering from minor injury

Options
So yesterday, after I finished my last set of squats, as I was re-racking my weights, I felt a little twinge in my back. I didn't pay too much attention to it, it wasn't debilitating by any means, barely noticeable. When I got home, it was a bit more apparent that I had tweaked something, and took a long, hot shower in hopes of that helping out. It didn't. As soon as I lay down on my bed, I realized that it was going to be a long night. There was no position I could lay without it hurting, and when I stood up out of bed in the morning and tried to take a step, the pain almost made me hit the floor. So I tried to stretch it out a bit to no avail. I figure it's either a spasm or a strain, and I'm going to have to rest it for a week before I get back to the gym.

Does anyone have any idea for exercises I can do that won't exacerbate the problem with my back but will allow me to burn some calories while recovering?

Thanks.

Replies

• bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    i think let it rest, and take something like robaxicet until it chills out. your form will suck at everything, and you could wind up overcompensating and doing something else that's weird. hope you feel better soon.