question about calories and to count or not to count

Options
Ok, so i have a question, when is a calorie not a calorie, I have been reading, the smarter side of slim (hmmm i think i may have the title wrong) and the basic comment is water, fibre, protein and no processed foods, ok so far but then they go on to say no bananas or apples, what the %$#$%%, and that a calorie is not a caloire ok then there is forks over knives, and basically the same about processed foods and basically if is is vegan you can eat as much of it as you want., then there is the calorie in vs calorie out, and i am sure there is soooo much more out there, what is really right?? anyone have any suggestions

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    You're getting into the weeds here.
  • belle975
    belle975 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are on a calorie counting site and you have lost 9lbs doing it...so I am going to say stick with it. You need to burn more than you eat to lose weight and you should try to fill your body with nutritious fuel. Treat yourself once in awhile because you deserve it. I have tried the primal diet which you can basically eat as much meat/protein as you want and stick to veggies and some fruit...and I didn't lose weight. I have tried going Wheat Free and although I lose weight, I feel tired and shaky. I have settled for moderation and try to stick to lean meats, veggies and fruit most of the time. I add some rice/grains usually once a day and occasionally I will load up on a big fat sesame bagel with cheddar cheese, tomato and bacon (because I deserve it). I count calories because I know I go overboard with the volume of food (good and bad) that I eat. Hope this helps....good luck....