Need energy boosting tips

Options
Hey guys!

So I've been waking up at 5 am to do my working out and I find that come 4pm, I'm dead tired. By the time I get home it's usually around 6:30-7pm, I'm WRECKED. Normally, I wouldn't mind but because I've got exams at the end of the year, I need to study once I'm home and after cooking and "winding down", I usually can't be bothered to study.

I really don't want to give up my normal 5am routine as I've stuck to it for almost 2 months and I've been really disciplined with it but I really need some form of an energy booster to help me study a couple of hours every night.

Does anyone have any tips?

And to the parents who wake up early to work out, go to work, spend time with your kids and cook for your kids etc, I SALUTE YOU! No idea how you guys do it. You have my respect.

Replies

• shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bump.. anyone?
  • Tuwana73
    Options
    Make sure you are starting off with a metabolism boosting breakfast after you workout... oatmeal and fruit , a healthy shake .... you may need to increase your water intake and eat 5-6 meals through the day to keep you going:-))))) Just a suggestion from someone who has the same battle (motherhood and fitness and life and ect:-) from time to time!!
    Good luck and sleep well and often*
  • melry77
    melry77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    More exercise! A 15 minute walk or other exercise... A cool shower... B vitamins in the afternoon.... Caffeine.... A 20 minute catnap
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
    Food = calories, and calories = energy.

If you have a particularly full schedule at the moment, maybe you need to reduce your calorie deficit a little bit to support your lifestyle.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
    Food = calories, and calories = energy.

If you have a particularly full schedule at the moment, maybe you need to reduce your calorie deficit a little bit to support your lifestyle.

This is what i was thinking. With only 30 ish lbs to go, then she should be aiming for 1 lb per week for a wight loss goal. And adding exercise will allow her to eat more too.