Top-heavy friends: How do I slow my girls from when I run?

Options

Replies

• glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One word...Enell. Spend the money (about $65), I promise you won't regret it. www.enell.com don't get the "lite" one though, get the "sport"
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I swear by my Glamorise No Bounce Full-Support Sports Bra. Keeps these DD girls in place for running, Zumba, etc!

http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Bounce-Support-Sport/dp/B002RAEVJW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347413112&sr=8-3&keywords=glamorise+bra
  • krisann27
    Options
    Great advice from everyone--I've been running for a long time now and have big girls. I've done it all--doubled up on sports bras, invested in really good sports bras, etc. The Enell bra is great. That's what I used when I was at my heaviest, and I heard it's the sports bra Oprah uses too :) I've also relied a lot on Title Nine sports (www.titlenine.com) which has a great selection of sports bras and ranks them based on their level of support. I'm lucky to have a women's sports specialty store nearby, though, so I've lately been buying them there.

I'm interested in the Champion bras from Target people are talking about--I'll have to check them out!

Good luck! Keep shopping around til you find what's right for you! It's out there!
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wheee! I'm am also doing the runforyourlives Zombie Run! (In less than 2 weeks I might add!)

I'm a 38 DD and the sports bra is the one thing I haven't bought yet :(

I have a racerback tank that's tight with a "built in" unaboober but I still wear a regular bra with it.

I'm undecided on buying a proper sports bra...I want to for the support and dri-weave but my boobs shrink 1st when I lose weight so it'd be a waste of money!

Best of luck on your Zombie Run!!!
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Glamorise Women's Adjustable Bounce Control Sports Bra--Amazon sells it for about $35-40. The first one I purchased was a 40G--it definitely works and doesn't break the bank. I've since then bought one in a 36G and now a 34F. Seriously the best sports bra I've ever owned. JCP also sells them online, if you think you might want to try it and make an easier store return.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Ride a bike.
  • jteammom
    Options
    Panache sports bra. Expensive, but well worth it, and it doesn't smash the girls. Nothing compares.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Duct tape?
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    ACE bandages
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I wear a formed, no wire sports bra that holds the girls in place and prevents the dreaded UNIBOOB, then a regular sports bra over that (or a tank with built-in shelf bra), completely covering the first. The result is the girls look AWESOME and DON'T MOVE! For me, it's a perfect combination.
  • atlanticgypsy
    atlanticgypsy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    champion sports bra with an underwire! i swear by mine!

18304147.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    duct tape....

That's what popped into my head as soon as I read the thread. :smile:

Glad I'm not alone.
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44DDD and I wear a regular bra and a sports bra over it - same thing I did when I played soccer years ago.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Aw heck, let the "girls" be free and let 'em flop too and fro..you'll get some heads turning.. lol. :bigsmile:
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump for future reading
  • angelface041206
    Options
    See these still dont work for me. I have tried EVERYTHING. That being said when I hear top heavy I think J or more since I am BIGGER than a J. I have to layer and it sorta works. I finally broke down and am paying almost 7k (after YEARS of saving since I have no insurance) to get a reduction this spring
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use a high impact no bounce (danskin from walmart) in a size that's one size small...I have to squeeze in there but the girls stay put.

I'll add that I look semi flat in my pic because that's what I'm wearing.

Those are what I use and never had a problem. I wear mine small also.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    I volunteer to be a spotter......lol
  • amycb03
    amycb03 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Best sports bra for large tatas, flattering, no uni-boob, comfortable and provides more than enough support for running, boxing, jumping, whatever- Maia from Moving Comfort. Hands down. They are under $30 on Amazon but over $60 at the running store....I learned that the hard way. Ha.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I wear pushup bra usually with padding (sounds kind of the opposite) and then a sports bra over it. I know people who just double sports bras, but I've found out that the pushup/sports bra option works best for mi tatas. :)