Hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    From what your logs say try getting more water in your system. Try getting 10-12 cups in your system.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Are you eating 20% less than what your total burnt from your fitbit?
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Are you eating 20% less than what your total burnt from your fitbit?

Yup. Between 15% and 20% most days. Generally try to stay around 300 under. Always start my day with oatmeal and Greek yogurt. Will add some eggs into the mix again. Will try upping water intake too. Most days I am simply feeling famished but I have good energy so think adequate nutrition.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Fitbit gave me 300 calories for that six miles. I have a treadmill desk so it is pretty light going and my body is used to it.

Got lots of fiber in my diet and am surprised the lentils didnt help. Soup usually does. I was so hungry I ate an entire bag of popcorn looking for something to fill me up :(

Didn't realize carbs can make you hungry. I find veggies do that except in soup format. Got to try that shiitake noodle thing

Popcorn is one of my favorite low cal snacks. You can have a lot of it for very few calories if you do it right. What I do is put the popping corn in a brown paper lunch bag and fold down the end and microwave it. I sometimes top it with a little Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast.

Do you drink any diet sodas or use any artificial sweeteners? Those actually increase your cravings for carbs.

Going to try that!
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Protein bars, nuts, seeds, beans, tuna, lean pork, peanut butter, egg whites; protein... will help you stay full longer. And water also!
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fitbit gave me 300 calories for that six miles. I have a treadmill desk so it is pretty light going and my body is used to it.

Got lots of fiber in my diet and am surprised the lentils didnt help. Soup usually does. I was so hungry I ate an entire bag of popcorn looking for something to fill me up :(

Didn't realize carbs can make you hungry. I find veggies do that except in soup format. Got to try that shiitake noodle thing

One warning regarding the shirataki noodles. They come in a bag in water (40 calories in the whole bag). The liquid they are in stinks so you have to rinse them off before cooking them. Once you rinse them off you can marinate them in a sauce if you'd like or just cook them in the sauce. I love cooking them in the wok with peppers and onions and marinara sauce.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You're eating a ton of highly processed carbs. One thing that triggers hunger when you're eating enough is insulin spikes followed by a crash and hunger. I'm guessing that's where you are.

Drop the carbs (not all of them, but down to 40%). Eat less processed carbs. My colleagues calls that avoiding eating white food - white bread, sugar, white flour, potatoes, pasta . . . Make sure those oats you eat are rolled, not quick cook.

See if that helps. You may have a bit of a problem with insulin resistance, which exacerbates the problem. Weight loss will make it better.

Good luck!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I don't take in a great deal of calories, however I don't find myself being hungry and I put this down to the fact that I drink on average 8-10 glasses of water a day.