I'm giving blood tomorrow!

Options
Hello Friends.

I have a big morning tomorrow and I just knew you all were the ones that I could share this with.

On, June 11, 2012, I received blood work from my very first adult physical and the numbers were not good. My cholesterol panel was very high, I was in the pre diabetic range and so on and so forth. I am 46 years old and my doctor had suggested getting on medicine to control these ailments.

I decided then and there that I was too young to take one more pill so I promised her that if she gave me three months to change my life around, I would make her proud of me.

Tonight is the night before my 3 month follow up blood work. Here are the results:
Since 6-11-12, I have bycicled, walked or jogged over 350 miles. I have done hours and hours on my elliptical, spent the summer doing aqua aerobics and just generally spent each day being active. I have lost 12 pounds. (I know right, but I can personally say its not the scale at all!) I am clean eating at least 80% and feeling the effects with alertness and energy.

June 11th 2012, I had a total measurement of 230inches.

As of tonight, Sept. 11th, 2012, total SAME measurements: 198inches.

That is a loss of 32 inches!!!!!!!! I am going into the doctors tomorrow morning with my exercise log, measurement log and everything I did on this 3 month journey. I want her to know that not everyone just wants that magic pill to cure all of their wooows. Thanks for letting me extol my personal successes and I know this is just the beginning and I have a long road ahead. Thanks to all of you I know I'm in GREAT company:)

Replies

• mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, well done!
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    good luck tomorrow...let us know the results of your bloodwork!
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It would be great to know if anyone is worried about up coming tests because of your weight. I can't seem to go to sleep. AND it's not because I am fasting for tomorrow's blood test. I JUST can't seem to relax like I usually can. Oh Well. I am getting ready to turn EVERY thing OFF. BTW? How do u turn off a snoring husband????
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing story! You're so inspiring! Hope your appointment goes well! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!