Not healthy..but in range?

Options
So i was wondering, i ate 1400 calories today which is how much i need exactly however i did eat a serving of wheat thins and some dry cereal...do you stll see success when you eat like that? ive heard that not all foods are the same:) thanks

Replies

• head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Was it whole grains? If yes than t is more than ok. Not all carbs are the same. You can totally loose weight eating whole grains. Don't worry.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your question is... are you concerned that eating wheat thins (whatever they are) or dry cereal is going to magically stop you losing weight, even though you've eaten around the recommended number of calories?
    No food is truly "bad" - unless you are someone who has a severe allergy, in which case you would know to avoid those foods.

Otherwise, try to make sure that the majority of the food you choose gives you a reasonable bit of nutrition and keep the low-nutrition foods to occasional treats.

Carbs are not evil. Nor is fat. Or even sugar. Losing weight doesn't have to be full of complicated rules!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Was it whole grains? If yes than t is more than ok. Not all carbs are the same. You can totally loose weight eating whole grains. Don't worry.

You can lose weight eating at a calorific deficit period.

How exactly are whole grains processed different to other carbs that makes you able to lose weight while eating them versus other carbs (water weight aside)?

OP: if you are at a calorific deficit, it will not cause an issue with weight loss. For health reasons, you should be getting some nutritious foods and an appropriate amount of fats as well and from a body composition perspective you should be getting a good amount of protein.