"not so enlightened" motivation

Options
gnat45
gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
We all want to feel good, get healthy blah blah, but sometimes we have less enlightened motivation

- being the skinniest bridesmaid

Add on

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My sister is verbally abusive of everyone in her life, and she spent the better part of my teenage years telling me I was always going to be fat and worthless and nobody is ever going to love me.

In about 20 pounds, I'm going to be fit and healthy, enjoying the world with my amazing husband-to-be, and she's going to be sitting on a couch covered in empty pizza boxes, in a cloud of smoke, alone, wondering why she feels sick and miserable all the time.
  • RyleeNoelle
    Options
    Being able to share clothes with my skinny friends!
  • gnat45
    Options
    Being able to share clothes with my skinny friends!

:)
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Not looking like I am 8 months pregant, especially when wearing my wet suit
  • gnat45
    Options
    Come on, no one eating to show up snarky co-workers or others?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Having a better body than my 14-year-old students? And being quadruple their age.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,130 Member
    Options
    Come on, no one eating to show up snarky co-workers or others?
    Yeah, I'm there... There's a guy at the office who outweighs me and he made a snide remark, offering to loan me some of his clothing. I said "No thanks... Too loose at the waist; too tight in the shoulders." and his gaggle of friends all laughed at him as I walked away. I thought to myself... "Damn it! I'm going to lose this gut!!" and so I have!!
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    Yeah, there's the need to drop weight before ankle surgery puts me on one foot and crutches. Yeah, there's the desire to become stronger and more flexible and move further into becoming a true yogini.

But I want to show up at the next con I go to with a hundred plus pounds off, a twenty inch corset laced shut, and hair down to my knees, and watch people who didn't even see me fat desperately try to get me in bed.
  • So that if I ever see my sister again she can just stare in wonder and awe!
    And not use my weight to try and make herself feel better!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    besides making myself feel better.

i wanna rub it in my mother-in-law & Sister-in-laws face that im skinnier and prettier than them!

well,even at a bigger size im prettier than them! but,still there fat & rude and mean to me! might as well give them an actual reason to hate me.. cause ill be skinnier and prettier than them at the same time!
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I dont want to be the fat sister. My elder sister is skinny as a rake and my other older sister is about to pop with a kid so she doesnt count, but I want to be the skinny one!! I want to be the one everyone ooohs and aaahhhs over!!!

And I want to be the skinny friend. My friends weights havnt changed since high school whereas I ended up putting on 25kg - fml. So I want to get back to where I was and be pretty again!!!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I want to lose the weight and rub it in the faces of the people I went to high school with. They were *kitten* about my weight
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I had some "not so enlightened motivation" in the form of a terrible boyfriend who always harped on my weight. I wasn't even overweight! But I lost weight to please him. Then I was too thin (I really was) even for him. He was just one long disaster, that one. He's someone else's headache these days. :bigsmile:
  • addaline22
    Options
    to piss my mom off, who at about 400lbs tells me how fat i am and how to eat healthy.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    My sister is verbally abusive of everyone in her life, and she spent the better part of my teenage years telling me I was always going to be fat and worthless and nobody is ever going to love me.

In about 20 pounds, I'm going to be fit and healthy, enjoying the world with my amazing husband-to-be, and she's going to be sitting on a couch covered in empty pizza boxes, in a cloud of smoke, alone, wondering why she feels sick and miserable all the time.

Karma.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The satisfaction of knowing that "he" didn't break my spirit
  • jamielovesjbs
    jamielovesjbs Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    to win $100 in a friendly weight loss competition. also, to look awesome naked! :)
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It's terrible, but I can't wait for an old "friend" to see me in my new body. She was so rude, and needy, and childish, and always tried to make me feel inferior to her. She is not skinny, or thin, or anywhere near healthy, and I really want her to see me now.

On another note, I would gladly help her lose weight and get healthy if she asked. So I guess there is some good in that less enlightened motivation :heart:
  • FloridasFinest
    Options
    Other than feeling awesome and building my confidence...

To show my ex-husband what he's missing! Isn't the best revenge to look great? Show him those tramps he cheated on me with can't hold a candle to what he gave up!
  • _sillystring
    Options
    To be able to do any sex position. LOL