Eating your exercise calories question

I have definitely committed to eating at least half of my exercise calories but my exercises according to my HRM are 1000 calories a piece 3 times a week. My basic question is whether its ok to just add 500 calories to what I eat every day knowing that for a weekly average I come in ok, or if its better to force myself to eat another full meals worth of calories on workout days.

As a random aside, I only eat half the calories back because my current goal is 1 lb per week and Im not sure how much I trust the HRM anyways, so I would rather err on the side of losing weight.

Replies

• clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    You should just not eat anything ever since you are trying to lose weight bruh. Quickest way to make those weight loss gainz
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    If you feel more comfortable splitting your 1000 cals over 2 days - go for it! Your body doesn't work on an exact 24 hour clock like we do, as long as you are getting good nutrition to keep your energy up, you'll be fine.
  • KellyJoMorris
    KellyJoMorris Posts: 35 Member
    I have eaten all my exercise calories for the last 5 weeks. MFP estimates me losing 1lb a week and I have lost 2lb a week!! I use the phone app - home screen - weekly tab to get a good visual of my average net calories for the week. I make sure it balances for the week rather than looking at each day. xx
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    It's a good idea to distribute the exercise calsories throughout the week. I pay more attention to my weekly goal than the daily goal.