hello

Options
Another newbie...maybe I will beat the post-holiday newbie rush ;)
I'm a fitday/SELF transplant...and on again/off again dieter. I reach my goal and then I never can get a hang of the whole maintenance lifestyle. So here I am again. I've found the only thing that really works for me is logging my foods religiously and not falling into my vino temptation too often. But....here's to a new day.

My hubs is starting with me (only he wont start til after the holidays - booo) - we've decided every 5 pounds lost we get a "prize." Not sure what these will consist of yet, most likely a pedicure for me and something in the $20 range for him.

Oh and I am a food-blog addict. My favorite (healthy) obsession is reading katheats.com - I highly recommend reading if you want motivation to eat healthy (she is studying to be an R.D. and always makes tasty healthy dishes).

Anywoo, now I am rambling, but I just wanted to say hello.

Replies

• teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hello Ifisher. Since you are getting the headstart, you should tell your husband, he has to treat for the first 5 lbs lost. I have never really reached my goal before, but I have stopped to many times thinking that I had the hang of things and that I could do it by myself. Welcome to MFP, you and your husband will do well, especially with all the support and motivation you find on this site!
  • xtremelifter
    Options
    Good day to you lfischer :D. Its good to know there are a number of people in our society who want to go down in weight and save money now and in the future. Good job on doing the hardest thing, getting the ball rolling. Stay with it and you and your husband will meet your goals. Best wishes.