I think my body is in shock...

Options
So its my first day back on my exercise and dieting routine after about 6 months of eating a ton of junk food and avoiding the gym like the plague. Last night I was supposed to go out with a few friends. While getting dressed I realized NOTHING fit. So today I decided to start working out and eating right again. I did a 1000 something calorie workout according to my heart rate monitor and ate REALLY healthy (egg whites, brown rice, grilled chicken and steamed veggies all day long). Then on my way to work I started to feel like I was going to throw up. I don't feel physically sick, just random nausea. Apparently my stomach doesn't like salad... Has anyone else had this experience?

Replies

• Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Did not have the experience but heard some people feel nausea when overtrained. 1000 cal workout does sound a bit harsh after a break... how do you feel otherwise?
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Ive had days like that... Just grit your teeth and work through it
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    drink a tonne of water, i feel like that after a huge workout - its dehydration (in my case anyway)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

Amazing advice right there.....'yeah, keep hammering crazy workouts and eating bugger all and your body will be awesome'
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Amazing advice right there.....'yeah, keep hammering crazy workouts and eating bugger all and your body will be awesome'
    Didnt say that. do you always misquote people?
  • djhannah02
    Options
    I don't think I over did it during my workout. I didn't start feeling ill until 6 hours later. Then after about two-three hours of random nausea I felt fine. Its kinda random. I felt fine during my workout (other than the usual 'holy crap, I can't breath' feeling). As for hydration I think By that point I had already had 3 bottles of waters of water and some tea through out the day.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is a lot to burn in one go especially as it doesn't sound like you are eating a lot of calories.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If you don't like salad (like me) only eat it in sandwiches or else get your veggies in other ways...Asian veggie stir fry's with soy sauce, roasted carrots drizzled in honey, sweet potato mashed with peanut butter (sounds weird but its amazing!) etc. I eat a lot of veggies but NEVER sit there eating a salad...unless it is covered in berries, strawberry salads with balsamic vinaigrette is one of the best ways ever to get baby spinach into ya!