Tapout XT?

Options
i've searched the forums for info on tapout xt but was mostly only able to find "how many calories should i log" threads about it.

in any case, a good friend of mine wants me to try tapout xt with them. i'm assuming it's something like P90X. can anyone here tell me a little bit about it? pros, cons, success rate, etc?

thanks so much in advance!!! =)

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i have also posted a similiar topic to this inquiring about tapout and if its worth the money or not. i have completed p90x and was looking for a little change.
    i had one commenter state that tapout was harder to follow direction-wise i guess and that the ab workout it has is a waste of time due to the workouts being centered on core work.
    most people though have liked it and stated it was actually fun and have lost quite a bit of weight from it, along with gaining muscle definition. i believe they don't use pull up bars or dumb bells as in p90x does, but they use resistant bands which work well also.
  • nhgrumpy
    Options
    I started Tapout on June 24th. The same day I joined here. Between counting calories and Tapout I am down 42lbs, 6 inches off my waist (measured around my belly button) and have gone from a tight 40 pant size to a 34.

I enjoy the workout.
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I started Tapout on June 24th. The same day I joined here. Between counting calories and Tapout I am down 42lbs, 6 inches off my waist (measured around my belly button) and have gone from a tight 40 pant size to a 34.

I enjoy the workout.

holy balls! that is AMAZING!!! what an accomplishment, good for you!

@alyssa - thank you for your response and may i say, you look phenomenal!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't get Tapout XT in the UK, believe me i've tried!! But it's workout I'd like to try since it's martial arts based.
  • jensauce
    Options
    i watched an infomercial on youtube about it, and i'm excited to try it, because i feel like i will learn how to beat people up. LOL. not that i want to do that, but perhaps it'll teach me some self-defense...

it looks really intense, but i'm determined to give it a shot!
  • sinsrhythm
    sinsrhythm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my second week of tap out..i completed p90x and insanity..tapout is a combo of both..its a lot of cardio mixed with the exercise bands..i am enjoying it so far..its harder than p90x but not as hard as insanity..thats the best way i can describe it
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The husband and I were thinking about doing Tapout. He is an Insanity graduate and I am a 3X Chalean Extreme grad. I am just wondering how much it focuses on strength training instead of just cardio. Anybody know?
  • jensauce
    Options
    can anyone post result photos??