I think my body is in shock... Is this normal?

Options
So its my first day back on my exercise and dieting routine after about 6 months of eating a ton of junk food and avoiding the gym like the plague. Last night I was supposed to go out with a few friends. While getting dressed I realized NOTHING fit. So today I decided to start working out and eating right again. I did a 1000 something calorie workout according to my heart rate monitor and ate REALLY healthy (egg whites, brown rice, grilled chicken and steamed veggies all day long). Then on my way to work I started to feel like I was going to throw up. I don't feel physically sick, just random nausea. Apparently my stomach doesn't like salad... Has anyone else had this experience?

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You better believe it! When I first began adjusting my diet my colon thought it was a stickup! I also had the random nausea flash and cutting out sugared soda gave me a splitting headache for about three days. Eventually my body stopped fighting me and now we are at least on tentative speaking terms.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Might be the intense workout. My first really intense one (in probably about the same time) I threw up twice then stopped. The first time I thought "whatever I'm good now" the second time I was like "ok and hour is enough for today" lol
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    1000 calorie workout? That's a lot. Not sure the cause of your nausea... but realize that this is a long term sort of thing, fitness. Not a kill yourself all at one time thing ;)
  • djhannah02
    Options
    I don't think it was the workout. I got home from the gym around noon and didn't start feeling like I was going to throw up until about 6pm (I work a 12 hour night shift, so this was on my way to work). I know the muscle stiffness is from the workout. That I can live with.
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's a lot anyway, both the workout and going from junk food to no-sugar-super-healthy-food in one day.. for me, it's start easy or it won't last, and you have to see what works for you.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    It is for me. I had to really work through nausea a few times when I walked longer or upped my exercise time/duration. Also have to watch the volume on my salads pretty close….a cup of leafy stuff with a bit heavier on the protein works better for me.
  • djhannah02
    Options
    Maybe it was the salad! I felt fine until I loaded up on a really big salad. I basically ate a whole bag of the premixed salad greens with a little bit of chicken. That's weird though... I've never heard of anyone getting nauseous off of salad.