Men in skirts

Options

Replies

• gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    we're men, (manly men!), men in tights! we roam around the forest looking for fights!
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    skirts are comfy - why not?

also - this reminds me of the story about the German dad who wore a skirt through town to show solidarity with his 5 year old son who was being bullied for wearing dresses. sweet story actually

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/dad-protects-son-bullies-wearing-skirt-guess-works-153600107.html
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    we're men, (manly men!), men in tights! we roam around the forest looking for fights!

AH HAHAHAHA!! Great movie!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The lesser known first working title for the men in black........ That could of been a very different film
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Some men can definitely rock it and be hot as hell. Jonathan Davis would be my favorite kilt wearing man. :)
  • firestar385
    Options
    kilts are not skirts. Kilts are manly. At least to me. :)
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    sure why not? I wouldn't go commando in one, but why not, equal rights for all right?
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    My husband has several kilts (and yes, they're not really what you would call skirts). He was wearing one when we married. he looks stunning when he wears one, and receives oodles of attention!

David Beckham wore a sarong once, though the media were not totally convinced it was a good look.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    My other half will be wearing a kilt on our wedding day, he has no choice.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    My hubby looks as sexy as hell in a kilt
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I like kilts quite a bit.
    I'm from an almost all Scottish family, I find them masculine as I've seen some Scottish men who were wearing kilts through 20 foot tall polls. So I still find these masculine and I find them cultural.

Normal skirts...

Guy's can wear lacey/mini/whatever skirts all they want.
    I personally am not a fan and wouldn't be attracted to them.
    I prefer masculine guys, and I find that skirts (especially if they're lacey) are more feminine then say the kilt.

But guys can feel free to wear them, I just have my preference.
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Utilikilts are sexy on men.

I grew up in a city where the prestigious (private-fee) boys' schools used kilts as a status symbol for seniors and sports champs, so they seem manly to me. Only downside: knobbly knees.

Now I live in a city with plenty of Polynesian men who wear formal skirts to church on Sundays - very masculine, nice calves to admire :P
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Men wear skirts all over the world.

In India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal they are lungis or dhotis (or a bunch of other names) depending on whether they're long or short. In Yemen, Oman, Saudi Arabia and much of the Gulf, men wear futa, a wrap around skirt, or the thobe, a long white dress. Men wear sarongs in Indonesia, Somalia, Sri Lanka... In Hawaii, men wear the kikepa.

Obviously, in the UK, men wear kilts - the time they seem to be busted out the most is at heterosexual weddings - so I'm not sure what's 'gay' about it. (By the way, aren't we a little past using 'gay' as an insult???)

I don't see what the big deal is. I have lots of male friends who wear sarongs or some variations, particularly when relaxing at home.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Kilts are awesome, and nothing is hotter than a sexy guy in a kilt.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    kilts are sexy and manly...

a dude in red pencil skirt not so much
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    *kitten* the gender roles police, wear whatever you want, etcetera, etcetera.

Nothing wrong with a man in a skirt. The whole notion of there being "womens" clothing and "mens" clothing is ridiculous, anyway.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    kilts are not skirts. Kilts are manly. At least to me. :)
    This! Kilts are only for real men.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm......men in kilts? Yes. Have seen it, do like it.:bigsmile:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yea, I like my men to be men...just sayin'.

Skirts........uh.......yeaaaaaaa...........no thanks.

That being said, kilts are obviously not skirts.