What exercises can you do at home ?

Options
Hello today is day 1 of my goal of 60 pounds lost . What exercises can i do from home ?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    If you got utube, there are loads of exercise programmes on there, such as HIIT, Jillian Micheals,etc...and they are all free! :smile:
    I do quite a lot of programmes on there
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Running up and down the stairs 5 times really gets the heart going. And it's free!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Are you in a relationship of any sort? :bigsmile:

jk! Get a jump rope. It burns some serious calories in a short amount of time. I bust mine out when I need to get a quick 10 minute workout in. Be warned...it is HARD! haha But you will be sweaty by the end.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    There's almost nothing you can't do with a yoga mat and exercise bands. takes a little research and teaching yourself.
    but it works. and you don't have to jump either. Some places people live you can't.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42lbs so far and have never stepped foot in a gym. Started out simply walking because my stamina was horrible. Did Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds, moved on to Zumba, Brazil Butt Lift, then P90x, now I'm on my 4th week of Insanity. There is so many videos available through youtube and also Netflix or Blockbuster.

Good Luck :)
  • MissAshFit1989
    Options
    Skipping is great. My boyfriend makes me skip :-/ I get puffed out pretty fast but it's a lot of fun and doesnt feel like I'm "working out" so to speak. I'm going to die though, he's making a fitness program for me.........
  • fatgirlslimagain
    fatgirlslimagain Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also have gone onto youtube and down some of the excersices on there. I got very inspired by BodyRock. Also I did 4 months of boot camp so I incorporate some of the things I learnt there like, pushups, burpees (they get you fit fast) sit ups, star jumps and the plank. They sound easy but done regularly they will get you toned and lean.

Also I just bought some Zumba DVDs and reading other posts it seems like a great fun thing to do.

Hope this helps :D
  • myoshia212
    Options
    Thank you guys ! I will definitely incorporate these exercises in my day to day.
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    Tons of jumping jacks and standard exercises you'd learn in something as simple as PE class in school. Or military exercises. Some simple research can do you good. Touching your toes, cherry pickers, wallsits, squats, all sorts of easy things (but hard if you do enough.)
  • jesscox2003
    jesscox2003 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    walk more, sounds silly but it really does work... i park farther away from the store than normal. also make sure if i don't need a cart i dont get one, and make myself carry everything around the store :)
  • cartoonfruit
    Options
    I think the best thing to do that is motivating at home is youtube videos ! :) blogilates, bexlife, arfit etc...