Cozy December Breakfast

Options
cassandra1220
cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
Hey guys...just made an awesome breakfast (perfect for the holidays) that wont break the calorie bank.

Cinnimon Pear Oatmeal

~ 1 pkg Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal (Banana Bread flavor)
~ 1 pear (I used a "pretty lisa" pear. If you havent had these, please try to find them. They are a cross between a pear and an apple)
~ 1/2 oz. toasted walnuts (do this in a dry pan)
~ Cinnamon

Directions (doesn't get any easier than this!)

* Take all ingredients (dice the pear) and add 2/3 cup water. Microwave for 2 minutes. Thats it!

It was really satisfying and is right under 350 calories. Soooo good.

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what those pears were called. I hate pears, but I LOVED those! I'm happy you posted! Thanx and Happy New Year!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! i will definately be making this after going to the grocery store this week
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I saw a oatmeal custard thing online a month or two ago and wanted to make a variation on it and finally got around to it while on vacation:

1/4 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup liquid egg whites
    1/2 banana chopped in small peices
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 packet stevia (or 1 tbs agave nectar or honey)

mix liquids & banana in a small sauce pan and heat until just starting to boil, stir in oats and mix until thickened, stir in sweetener & cinnamon. DELISH and kept me full till lunch, when usually I need a morning snack!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I went to make Nikki's breakfast, but realized I was out of bananas and cinnamon so I made a few substitutions. It was by far the best oatmeal I've ever eaten!!

Peaches and Cream Custard Oatmeal
    1/2 cup 1-minute oats
    1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 packets Sweet N Low
    1 1/2 to 2 T Coffee Mate French Vanilla Creamer

Heat water and peaches just to boiling, Stir in oatmeal, stir in egg beaters. Stir constantly for 1 minute. Stir in pie spice and sweetener. Stir in creamer. (I made mine last night and added the creamer this morning when I reheated it.
    OMG, heavenly!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    The only fruit I could find this morning was frozen strawberries so I did strawberries & cream oatmeal, sooooo good! Also this time I cooked everything together rather than boiling the liquids first and it made it super creamy:

Strawberries & Cream Custard Oatmeal
    1/4 cup liquid egg whites
    2 strawberries
    1 cap-full of vanilla extract
    1 packet of stevia

YUM! and smelled amazing, oh and its a great breakfast for kids, I made it for my nephews this morning and they gave it a thumbs up :)