Christmas Breakfast ideas

ourgang
ourgang Posts: 229
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Every Christmas morning we have a big breakfast with my mother and step dad... There will be 4 children and 4 adults there. My mom has lost about 70 lbs this year and I am up to 60 all together. I want something new, fun, delicious, and good for us!!!

Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Crustless quiche, you can google recepies. You can add veggies and cheese.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,515 Member
    Scrambled eggs, lots of different fruits available like strawberries, grapefruit, bananas, etc.
    Orange juice, whole grain bread.
    Pancakes for the kids, or if you can find a healthy pancake mix for the adults also. The adults can put different things on their pancakes like almond butter, or fruits. Kids can put in syrup or ice cream and fruits.

This is making me hungry.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Here is one I am going to try on Christmas morning. It sounds yummy!

Holiday French Toast

4 thick slices pf French or italian bread

2 or 3 large eggs, beaten

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

2 tablespoons honey

Combine eggs, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey.

COATING:
    1 cup crushed corn flakes or granola, ground into small pieces
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

In am small dish, mix together corn flakes or granola, cinn. and nutmeg. Dip each bread slice in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides, then dip slices into cereal mixture. Saute coated slices of bread in a skillet with melted butter, turning only once. Serves 2 - 4 people.

You can obvioulsy adjust. i have no idea about the nutritional info!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,996 Member
    Scrambled eggs (one yolk for every three eggs; toss the other two), turkey sausage, and almost-fried potatoes (I bake them the night before; slice and heat/brown them in a hot pan with a little Pam; and sprinkle them with salt, pepper and onion powder).
  • For Christmas breakfast every year my husband requests my 4hr cinnamon rolls. (they take 4hrs to make.) It is the exact same recipe that Cinnabon uses, and yes, they do have just as many calories. I just make sure that now I only limit myself to 1 instead of 2 or 3!:blushing: The recipe makes several dozen so I end up making them in the 8x8 square foil pans, 4 in each pan, then I put a lid and a bow on them and give the extras away as gifts.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Ham, Leeks, and Gruyere Egg Cups--I made this for a Christmas brunch last year and it was a huge hit. They look very elegant, taste delicious, and are nutritious. You could substitute flour for whole wheat or use another thickening agent such as guar gum or corn starch and use 1/2 the butter because it isn't vital to the recipe.

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1225
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    I am making this recipe for Christmas breakfast, LOOKS DELICIOUS, and easy!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Overnight-Blueberry-French-Toast/Detail.aspx
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    It's Christmas- eat what you want, but control the portions. I am having french toast as well, no coating, only 2 slices and some cut up orange wedges
    Merry Christmas
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    You can make this either very unhealthy or somewhat healthy...

Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole

Preheat over for 350.

Spread/press 1 can reduced fat crescent rolls on the bottom of a shallow 9X13 (or a little smaller) pan,
    chop up 1 8 oz package of smoked deli ham and spread over the crescent rolls, mix together 6 eggs, 1/2 cup milk (don't use skim, but 1% or 2% should work) and 1/2 tsp pepper. Pour over rolls and ham. Top with 1 cup of 2% or lower fat shredded cheddar and 1 cup of the same in mozzarella (2 cups of cheese total, kind doesn't really matter, you could monterey jack also).

Bake for 35-45 minutes, center shouldn't be jiggly when you poke it! It will continue to cook a little once you take it out.
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Cooking light also has a recipe for very berry french toast casserole that is very light and DELICIOUS!
  • ourgang
    Thanks for the great ideas!!!

My shopping list is now ready for the hubby:happy:

Merry Christmas
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member

Merry Christmas

Oh please let us know is what you made and how everyone liked it!
  • ourgang

Merry Christmas

Oh please let us know is what you made and how everyone liked it!

I def will!!! Merry Christmas
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    stuffed french toast

whole grain bread stuffed with low fat ricotta and slivered raw almonds. serve with a side of berries.

yummoo!!
This discussion has been closed.