2010: New Years Resolutions

Phoenix_Rising
Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
2010 is now 8 days away. Have you made any resolutions?

I'm not one to make a list and implement them on January 1st, but I do have a resolution for this coming year.

I'm rejoining the gym at my work and getting back to working out Monday -Friday on my lunchbreaks.

I always feel insecure about my body, comparing myself to other women. It's mostly a mental block, but I think I can work past my mental issues if I feel better about my body.... which means I need to lose that last 15 lbs and TONE. I know some of my 'parts' will never be supermodel worthy -- i.e. my tummy, covered in battle scars from pregnancy and three surgeries -- but there is no reason I can't have toned arms and tighter thighs. No one can make that happen but me, and I need to work towards that goal instead of just wishing it would magically happen. So my 2010 goal is to get back to the gym.

Another goal that just came to mind:
I want to run a 5k by Dec 31, 2010.

These are goals I can attain, and I intend to. For me.

What are your goals and resolutions?

Replies

• To take complete care of myself.

weight, money, mentally, etc.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    To take complete care of myself.

weight, money, mentally, etc.

Now the key to putting that into action is to write out and bullet point how you will take care of each, what tasks/ events/ thoughts/ actions will lead you to taking care of yourself in each category. Stick it on the fridge. Look at it daily. Remind yourself of your dedication to yourself.

I'm saying this for my own benefit..... I need to do this as well!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Two related resolutions:
    Run my first 5k.
    Reach my goal weight!

I can hardly wait! :smile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    My new years resolutions are:

1. Read the Bible through in a year. (I've been doing that for the past few years)
    2. Get back on track and get down to (at the most) 140 pounds. Maybe 135. I'll do that by exercising more and eating healthier.

The last 2 or 3 months I've kinda fallen off the wagon and gained a few pounds back. :frown:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    To continue what I was doing this year to get me healthy, wealthy and wise!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    I believe they are all good for the New Year 2010. I figured I will start again today after having back surgery, I am in hopes of a new me, Good Wishes to everyone.
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member

I'm not one to make a list and implement them on January 1st, but I do have a resolution for this coming year.

I'm rejoining the gym at my work and getting back to working out Monday -Friday on my lunchbreaks.

I always feel insecure about my body, comparing myself to other women. It's mostly a mental block, but I think I can work past my mental issues if I feel better about my body.... which means I need to lose that last 15 lbs and TONE. I know some of my 'parts' will never be supermodel worthy -- i.e. my tummy, covered in battle scars from pregnancy and three surgeries -- but there is no reason I can't have toned arms and tighter thighs. No one can make that happen but me, and I need to work towards that goal instead of just wishing it would magically happen. So my 2010 goal is to get back to the gym.

If you're working out every day on your lunch break you'll be able to run a 5k much quicker than that. Just do the Couch 2 5K program, and you'll be there much sooner. Good luck!

Im starting marathon training next month and will run my first marathon by JULY! I'm not a runner either (run my first 5k next month), so it is going to be difficult but so much fun.
  • My new years resolution is that I am only going to eat fast food once a week! But that doesn't include subway or starbucks.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Bump to think about this...
  • MBH3
    MBH3 Posts: 30
    Since I am already working out 6 days per week (approximately 7 hours and 2300 calories per week), I have the workout thing under control.

So, I am taking baby steps this year...

Resolution 1: I will not eat leftovers off of my kids plates. Talk about empty/lost calories that are hard to track

Resolution 2: I will drink minimum of 48 oz of water per day (64 oz is hard for me so I am starting small.)

Good Luck everyone!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    My new years resolution is that I am only going to eat fast food once a week! But that doesn't include subway or starbucks.

That is a great goal! Maybe by mid-year you can re-evaluate and push it to fast food only once every other week (assuming you are eating poor choices at fast food restaurants).
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    For 2009 I had some training goals I met all my training goals n October. It was a good year for training. I had a good year. i didn't quite make my weight loss goal but I was pretty close. I feel I am much better physically fit then a year ago. And as they say tomorrow is another day.

2010 goals

Training goals

Swim 100 miles
    Bike 2000 miles
    Run 800 miles

Racing goals
    3 sprint triathlons
    1 Olympic Triathlon (Hammerhead Olympic Triathlon)
    1 half ironman triathlon( Miami Ironman 70.3)

2 Marathons (26.2 with Donna Feb 21.)
    Gate River run 15k March 13th

Tour De Cure May 22-23 (125 mile bike ride)

I may add a few more 5k's into the schedule I am still working on it The races with dates I have already registered for and I am working on my training schedule to see how my training will fit in with some of the races. I also want to continue my Thursday evening bridges loop this is a 5.25 mile run with friends. This should keep me busy and motived for the coming year.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Since I am already working out 6 days per week (approximately 7 hours and 2300 calories per week), I have the workout thing under control.

So, I am taking baby steps this year...

Resolution 1: I will not eat leftovers off of my kids plates. Talk about empty/lost calories that are hard to track

Resolution 2: I will drink minimum of 48 oz of water per day (64 oz is hard for me so I am starting small.)

Good Luck everyone!

Those are great resolutions!!! I agree with baby steps. Those baby steps quickly add up to leaps and bounds!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    2010 goals

Training goals

Swim 100 miles
    Bike 2000 miles
    Run 800 miles

Racing goals
    3 sprint triathlons
    1 Olympic Triathlon (Hammerhead Olympic Triathlon)
    1 half ironman triathlon( Miami Ironman 70.3)

2 Marathons (26.2 with Donna Feb 21.)
    Gate River run 15k March 13th

Tour De Cure May 22-23 (125 mile bike ride)

WOW.
    I hope within a couple to five years I can have goals like this that I can live up to!!!! INSPIRING!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising

If you're working out every day on your lunch break you'll be able to run a 5k much quicker than that. Just do the Couch 2 5K program, and you'll be there much sooner. Good luck!

Im starting marathon training next month and will run my first marathon by JULY! I'm not a runner either (run my first 5k next month), so it is going to be difficult but so much fun.

This summer, before my exercising plan crashed and burned, I was able to run 1.25 miles (in about 15 minutes, which is plenty fast enough for me). I was so happy with that! I think you are right -- I can work up to a 5k in no time..... but I have to nix my bad smoking habit. The more I run, the less I smoke. I like running more than I like smoking, so exercising and running will help to decrease my smoking. I don't make it a goal yet to quit smoking because it's not realistically in my reach... YET. It is on my radar, and I do re-evaluate goals with each month or few..... Goals and resolutions are never just a Jan 1st thing for me. :smile:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    My first goal to meet this year is to be able to wear a bikini to the beach. I'm only 21 and I've NEVER been able to! I've always been overweight, and even got close to being able to wear one once but ended up gaining and got heavier than I had ever been. But I'm well on my way now! I have a muscular build, so I think I should be a pretty good size at 155-165 pounds. I'll just have to get there and see though!! With summer officially starting in about 6 months I can lose 5 pounds a month to make it to my goal or close by then.

Actually, if I meet that goal, then I'll be more than happy, so that's my only one. I'm getting married in September 2010 and we're going to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I want to be totally happy and confident in my wedding dress too (not to mention at the beach) so I'm really hoping I'll be able to meet these goals this year. I've said it time and time again I want to slim down as a New Years resolution but this time around I've actually done it (I started losing weight in April 08) and I plan on keeping on until I'm happy!

Good luck everyone!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member

This summer, before my exercising plan crashed and burned, I was able to run 1.25 miles (in about 15 minutes, which is plenty fast enough for me). I was so happy with that! I think you are right -- I can work up to a 5k in no time..... but I have to nix my bad smoking habit. The more I run, the less I smoke. I like running more than I like smoking, so exercising and running will help to decrease my smoking. I don't make it a goal yet to quit smoking because it's not realistically in my reach... YET. It is on my radar, and I do re-evaluate goals with each month or few..... Goals and resolutions are never just a Jan 1st thing for me. :smile:

I understand that because it took a lot for me to get rid of the bad smoking habit as well. It was really just eating healthy and exercise. I still want to smoke sometimes (especially if I'm drinking) but I just remind myself how much I'll regret it later. My Dad quit cold-turkey when I was 8 and he had been smoking since he was 12...so I KNOW you can do it!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    I believe they are all good for the New Year 2010. I figured I will start again today after having back surgery, I am in hopes of a new me, Good Wishes to everyone.

I wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery, Aunt Karen!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    My first goal to meet this year is to be able to wear a bikini to the beach. I'm only 21 and I've NEVER been able to! I've always been overweight, and even got close to being able to wear one once but ended up gaining and got heavier than I had ever been. But I'm well on my way now! I have a muscular build, so I think I should be a pretty good size at 155-165 pounds. I'll just have to get there and see though!! With summer officially starting in about 6 months I can lose 5 pounds a month to make it to my goal or close by then.

Actually, if I meet that goal, then I'll be more than happy, so that's my only one. I'm getting married in September 2010 and we're going to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I want to be totally happy and confident in my wedding dress too (not to mention at the beach) so I'm really hoping I'll be able to meet these goals this year. I've said it time and time again I want to slim down as a New Years resolution but this time around I've actually done it (I started losing weight in April 08) and I plan on keeping on until I'm happy!

Good luck everyone!

Aww honey, what a great goal!!! I wish you the best of luck! Stay focused!! :smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    To continue what I was doing this year to get me healthy, wealthy and wise!

There you go. Keep on keeping on!! :drinker: