Tonsillitis and Food Not Mixing Well :/

Options
As the subject suggests I have tonsillitis but it's meaning that I can only eat once every 3-4 hour period (due to the medication requirements of an empty stomach and not eating an hour afterwards and my general forgetfulness). I'm getting hungry and under minimum calorie count since it developed, does anyone have any ideas on what I can have? Please remember that in my current condition it's best to go for a softer consistency.

I'm only asking as I'm rather bored of porridge D:

Replies

• castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Poor you - never fun!

Soup might be a winner. Scrambled eggs or a cheese omelette? Smoothies. Risotto or mashed potato? The usual jelly/ice-cream (sorbet?)/chocolate mousse options - if you're not eating much the extra cal's are unlikely to pose a problem. Pureed/stewed fruit? Yoghurt.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • spreag
    spreag Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    maybe if you eat foods a bit higher in calories and fat etc so even though you're eating less frequently you wont dip down below your recommended! try omelettes, add some syrup or something to your porridge, soups, i personally devour mashed potato when i have a bad throat haha!

i unfortunately want to give advice but a few years ago I suffered from horrendous tonsillitis for a prolonged period and ended up losing nearly 30lbs
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I have lost a bit in the past from doing the 'tonsillitis diet' as my Mum calls it but I just hate the idea of not eating properly!

But I will try the suggestions :3