Frustration Defeated by Walking Not Food

Options
I had a rough afternoon yesterday, in the space of about 2 hours 3 people really ticked me off. I was fuming, frustrated and in need of burning off some steam.

I was sitting in my living room, I had the choice of heading to the right to go to the kitchen or the left to get my sneakers. I got up, my St. Bernard got excited because he wanted to play, so we did, then I turned left and got my sneakers on and went for a 40 minute walk and finished up absolutely soaked in sweat after an intense walk. I felt so good and didn't touch any food until dinner 1.5 hours after I was done!

Side NSV, I need new workout shorts, the ones I have won't stay up any more no matter how tight I make the drawstring!

Replies

• Celtic_Queen
    Options
    That's 2 awesome NSV's! Congratulations...for the walk, and needing new shorts!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Great decision!!! Food make you feel better for 5 minutes but exercise make you feel better ....period

Congrat
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    great job!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    that was a great choice and a great way to resolve the feelings some people feel they need to inflict on you. I followed your advice and took a walk to and it did help. You better go by those new workout clothes quickly as you are only getting smaller.
  • PlaysLikeAGirl
    PlaysLikeAGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Way to go, man. That's a tough decision, glad you decided for a walk!

(Your St Bernard is adorable in the front seat!)
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had such a rough afternoon. :flowerforyou: But good job on choosing to walk! I know that I have had a really bad day and said "I need a drink", came home fully intending to have a drink, and ended up going for a 2+ mile walk. And there have been days where I chose to eat. I always feel better after the exercise tho.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    great decission! :flowerforyou:
  • traceyb68
    traceyb68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow - Im not sure I would have been so strong after 3 people ticking me off well done.
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    Wow - Im not sure I would have been so strong after 3 people ticking me off well done.

Well, we were out of chips! :) No, seriously I need to work on channeling out my frustration in better ways than I have in the past, I spent far too many years being an emotional eater and need to put that in the past.
  • alexp74
    Options
    Way to go, man. That's a tough decision, glad you decided for a walk!

(Your St Bernard is adorable in the front seat!)

Thank you :) That's Brutus, he's 4.5 years old, weighs 180 lbs. He loves to go for rides! He is a rock star wherever he goes!
  • alexp74
    Options
    that was a great choice and a great way to resolve the feelings some people feel they need to inflict on you. I followed your advice and took a walk to and it did help. You better go by those new workout clothes quickly as you are only getting smaller.

No kidding. I want to go to the gym at work but not until I get new shorts. Given that I work for a university police department I don't exactly want be charged with indecent exposure :)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome decision!!! Your rock! Your mind has made the switch to choose healthy over it's food and old cravings! Way to go! :)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Well done :-)
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Really good choice! I'm finding that I never regret working out, but I do regret emotional eating every time!
  • imcatbear
    Options
    two fantastic NSVs!!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You made the tougher choice, but wasn't it worth it?? The great thing about dogs is they're always SO happy to go for a walk with you :bigsmile: That can be some serious motivation!! LOL...I know what you mean about the shorts. It's hard to walk/run if you have to keep pulling up your shorts:laugh: Excellent NSV!!

ROFL...your dog in the front seat is awesome!! He needs cool sunglasses:laugh:
  • alexp74
    Options
    Really good choice! I'm finding that I never regret working out, but I do regret emotional eating every time!

The eating never got to me until I started logging everything I eat. When I realized that some of my favorite meals when stressed were taking up half my allotted calories I got rather disgusted by it.

The thing was it was easy for me to say that I was going to walk instead, I try and do that anyway when I get home from work but yesterday was just very intense and fun actually.
  • alexp74
    Options
    You made the tougher choice, but wasn't it worth it?? The great thing about dogs is they're always SO happy to go for a walk with you :bigsmile: That can be some serious motivation!! LOL...I know what you mean about the shorts. It's hard to walk/run if you have to keep pulling up your shorts:laugh: Excellent NSV!!

ROFL...your dog in the front seat is awesome!! He needs cool sunglasses:laugh:

Yes he is always happy to go for a walk. There's one minor issue with a big dog though, he gets tired faster than I do. We went on a walking trail and were 1.5 miles from the truck when he decided he was going to stop and lay down while looking at me to pick him up! Thankfully he got back up after a few minutes!

I love that I need new clothes because they are falling off me as opposed to not making it to be buttoned!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!