Hi, new here!

Eliaheart
Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone!

Just droppinig by to introduce myself.

My name's Eli, I'm 31, and I have 2 beatiful children, a little boy named Isaac, who will be turning 5 in January, and a Maélie, my sweet girl, who turned 2 in August.

I've been battling weight issues since the beginning of my twenties - basically since I have been diagnosed with depression, then hypothyroidism. Antidepressants were a nightmare - at first, I put on 35 pounds in about 4 months! Then, lost some, thanks to my wonderful endo who diagnosed my hypothyroidism and got me under proper treatment.

I've been in a hypo "relapse" this past Spring and gained 25 pounds back... Yuck. We're still in the process of adjusting my meds. I'm feeling better, but I'm not quite "there" yet. I hope I'll still be able to lose the weight... I'd like to be down to 135 pounds in time for summer. :)

Thanks for letting me introduce myself! This looks like such a wonderful site!

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Hey Eli! Welcome to MFP! This site is awesome, I'm sure you'll reach your goals if you stick with it. Good luck!
  • edith80n
    edith80n Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Eli and Welcome. I am also new to the site. Just want to welcome you and good luck !
  • Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Thanks Lisa and Edith!

Edith, GL to you too!! We can and we will do this :)
This discussion has been closed.