Favorite Holiday movie?

Options
Mina133842
Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
I think my favorite has always been Mickey's Christmas Carol - mostly because my older brother sent me the video tape when I was little (he was in New York at college and I was in Spokane, WA in elementary school). I always looked up to him, so when I got this I watched it like crazy, and it's now a family tradition. I love the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (the first one, I didn't even know there was another one til last week), and I like that newer movie that came out too - the Nativity Story. What's your favorite?

Replies

• guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have three that I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Prancer--I was about the same age as the little girl in the movie when it came out, so I've always loved it.
    2. The Family Man (the one with Nicholas Cage)
    3. It's a Wonderful Life--This is a classic!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, hands down. We watch it every year, sometimes several times a year for the last 15 or 20 years and I swear I see something new in it everytime almost.

I also love A Christmas Story (going to watch it tonight), Home Alone, and the old cartoons from childhood like Mickey's Christmas Carole, Garfield Christmas, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch (the cartoon not the real movie).....I love christmas movies.
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I agree National Lampoons Christmas Vacation Rocks! My Favorite of all time I laugh until I want to pee my pants EVERY TIME I WATCH IT--which usually doesn't happen with movies I see more than once!! LOVE IT
  • jhall1980
    Options
    Prancer is my all time favorite christmas movie! :smile:
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Polar Express....all the classics: Frosty, Rudolph....we also like A Christmas Story. That's my hubby's favorite!!:happy:
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:

1-A Smokey Mountain Christmas
    2-Preacher's Wife
    3-A Christmas Story
    4-Christmas Vacation
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I have yet to see Polar Express or the Family Man - I'll have to see if I can find them on TV this weekend!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Rudolph!! I love that furry abominable snowman and Cornelius who loves silver and gold!

Also love "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," the original cartoon of course!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Elf...it's a must
  • Mina133842
    Options
    forgot about Elf! I LOVE that movie!!! "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?!"
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    1. The Polar Express
    2. The Grinch
    3. White Christmas
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Home Alone. Also, A Christmas Story. We watch it every year and I still crack up everytime. I watch Charlie Brown Christmas the other night for the first time... it was cute!

I really don't remember watching all the classic Christmas movies like Rudolph or Frosty. As my son gets older though, I'm looking forward to watching them with him.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just watched The Holiday this weekend. Loved it!! And Deck the Halls...that movie cracks me up! Love all the classics too!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    1. SCROOGED (I love Bill Murray!!)
    2. A Christmas Story
    3. The Santa Claus (love Tim Allen too!)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    It's a Wonderful Life

A Christmas Story
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Christmas Vacation
    Its a Wonderful Life
    Home Alone

In that order :)
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas (one of my FAVS as a child)

A Christmas Story

Scrooged

Santa Claus - The Movie

Better Off Dead

Christmas Vacation

Gremlins

The Grinch That Stole Christmas

Just to name a few....
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    I agree National Lampoons Christmas Vacation Rocks! My Favorite of all time I laugh until I want to pee my pants EVERY TIME I WATCH IT--which usually doesn't happen with movies I see more than once!! LOVE IT

HAHAHAHA DITTO! Save the neck for me, Clark...
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    elf and the nightmare before christmas
  • Mina133842
    Options
    gotta love Cousin Eddie...our family has fun with that one-

1. One of my older brothers strapping a HUGE Christmas tree to his little tiny gold Subaru (hatchback type car), and that tree was strapped well over the hood (top of the tree) and tied to the windshield, all the way with the trunk hanging past the back of the car. We started calling him Clark Griswold after that... Wish I had a picture of it..

2. My younger brother has an old RV he bought off some guy in Montana, and it's not the prettiest thing you ever saw, but if you're ever out traveling in Montana, and see it, he's got MT personalized plates that say Cousin Eddie on them (I'm not sure how he worked the spelling) but that beast is something else... we all joked we'd get him a bathrobe that was just too short for him to wear when they go camping.. LOL ;)