2.5 miles in 25 minutes

Options
2»

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    if you are training for an olympic 5,000 metres race, it something you might want to be concerned about...but if you are running for the pure joy of running and developing as a runner, then it is a wonderful pace and one that a lot of runners would love to run at consistently. focus on distance & endurance and you can only get ' faster'.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. I agree with the others that say work on distance/endurance over speed.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles in 25 minutes
    That's pretty good time. Just about exactly what I train at. What's your heart rate during these runs? Just curious since I'm training at a 10 min. mile pace and hitting around 160 - 170 depending on the incline. I did 3 miles a couple times the previous week at this pace and it seems to be a good compromise between speed and my ability to keep running.
  • sabrajanebrown
    sabrajanebrown Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is a 10 minute mile, not slow at all -- compared to Olympic runners, yeah, but not compared to the typical person. Just keep plugging at it! You are doing great!
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    better than me thats for sure im currently averaging about a 17 min mile in my run/walk program due to technical difficulties and health reasons ive only managed to complete week one in the last month