Girls that take supplements, please help!

Options
2»

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I like the 1st step pro-wellness line. I'm allergic to everything (I can't take multivitamins without getting excema from the fillers) and I'm allergic to gluten. I started using 1st step a few months ago with a friend's suggestion and haven't had any of the old symptoms. You can pick it up at Walgreens if you want to try it out, I know mine has it on sale right now, I just bought a can yesterday for $8, without the $2 coupon that I know is on some of the shelves. Sorry, I didn't specify. I use their Whey Protein and Multivitamin. They have limited products in stores right now as they're a fairly new company, but they have a pretty extensive line that you can buy from online.

Mix up your exercise, cross training has endless benefits. Also, are you wearing your hrm and when was the last time you took the fit test on it or updated your settings?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I like the 1st step pro-wellness line. I'm allergic to everything (I can't take multivitamins without getting excema from the fillers) and I'm allergic to gluten. I started using 1st step a few months ago with a friend's suggestion and haven't had any of the old symptoms. You can pick it up at Walgreens if you want to try it out, I know mine has it on sale right now, I just bought a can yesterday for $8, without the $2 coupon that I know is on some of the shelves. Sorry, I didn't specify. I use their Whey Protein and Multivitamin. They have limited products in stores right now as they're a fairly new company, but they have a pretty extensive line that you can buy from online.

I also only take all 1st Step PRO-WELLNESS line of supplements from Glucosamine for joints and bones to Active Women's Multi-Vitamin/Multi-Mineral liquid for daily vitamins and minerals to B-12 Complex liquid for that extra boost of energy AND to help prevent my migraines to B-12 energy shots for that 2:30 pick-me-up and the whey protein is my favorite. Plus, there is a Pre-Diet Cleanse, etc... I love the entire line.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I love the 1st Step Pro-Wellness Brand. Definitely try their whey protein and their b12 shots. MMMM. good. Their liquid multivitamin is really tasty too. Good luck!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    From a weight loss/body composition perspective, you do not need any.

1) get control of your weekends and make sure you eat at a reasonable calorie deficit (measure, weigh and log everything)
    2) lift heavy weights (Body Pump is not considered heavy lifting)
    3) get enough protein (1g per lb of LBM)
    4) take protein powder if you need to supplement but try to get as much protein from food.
  • ddore63
    Options
    A. Are you menopausal? That alone can make losing weight more of a challenge.
    B. Have you had your thyroid checked?
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Maybe try hitting the weights harder. Not sure if you are looking for more muscle/toned look? I take a protein shake after workout and try to eat alot of protein! Also try limiting to maybe 2 cheat meals on the weekend? Im guilty of poor weekend eating and it can kill all the good eating through the week
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love CLA.

I take 6-ish grams per day.

I also take, my multi, l-arginine and l-ornithine, vitamin d3, fish oil, l-glutamine, l-lysine, b2 (or b6), vitamin c.
    Every once in a while I take GABA with some inositol and magnesium glycinate when I get really stressed out.

Oh, and a probiotic when I can remember.

As for protein, I drink a shake for breakfast and usually one after my runs or workouts (or if i just need more calories/protein)