Question about alcohol, please help...

Options
Hi All,

Can someone please suggest not so "fattening" alcoholic beverage (if there is such a thing)??? I have party to go to on Saturday, NYE next week and I'm going to Vegas in 3 weeks, all my friends drink and it will be hard to be the odd man out and not have a drink. I usually drink vodka with cranberry or red bull... Please help I'm really desperate now:frown:

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    If you can tolerate light beer or wine....those are your best bets.
  • tvgal
    tvgal Posts: 87
    Options
    vodka and diet coke
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    drink water and your waistline, your wallet. and your brain will thank you. :bigsmile:

Most people won't notice............the ones who matter don't mind and the ones who mind don't matter
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    juice has alot of cals and Red Bull is pure sugar and caffiene. I found this chart online

Drinks Amount Calories
    Red Wine 1 glass (5 oz) 105 calories
    Wine White Dry 1 glass (5 oz) 97 calories
    Wine White Medium 1 glass (5 oz) 105 calories
    Wine White Sweet 1 glass (5 oz) 135 calories
    Wine White Sparkling 1 glass (5 oz) 110 calories
    Champagne 1 glass (5 oz) 70 calories
    Screwdriver 1 glass (5 oz) 180 calories
    Margarita 1 glass (5 oz) 157 calories
    Whisky Sour 1 glass (5 oz) 125 calories
    Bacardi 1 glass (5 oz) 118 calories
    Vodka (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 65 calories
    Rum (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 66 calories
    Tequila (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 65 calories
    Brandy (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 64 calories
    Scotch (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 64 calories

You can try a shot of vodka in a glass of diet coke for low cals.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    there are actually plenty of options you can pick from! You don't have to be the odd man out at all!! I drink limon diet sierra mist! No caffeine and only 64 calories per shot that it is the drink. Light beer usually as 120 or 90 calories depending on the brand so, I stick to the hard liquor. You can also drink limon/water. They are really good if you like lemon water and this also helps for the hangover (if you drink enough) for the next day!! Just make sure to keep up on your water intake as it will help rehydrate!! DON'T drink vodka red bull.....first of all, alcohol is a depressant and red bull is a stimulant so, you shouldn't drink that whether you are on a diet or not!!! Not good for the chemicals in your brain! And red bull has calories GALORE!!!! Stick to diet pop or liquor with water!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Miller Genuine Draft. 64 calories, 2.4 carbs.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Stick with shots, thats what I do and follow up with plenty of water inbetween shots. and have fun! oh and if you get carried away do more cardio the next day, great for a hangover and helps burn the cals!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Vodka with club soda and a twist. And a glass of "straight" club soda after every one with vodka.

Also, be sure to have a good meal before you go so you won't be so tempted by fattening snacks and can enjoy them in moderation.

Have fun! :drinker:
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Sugar-free Redbull. It doesn't taste exactly the same as it would with a regular Redbull but it is comperable. (Use a flavored vodka-yum). I usually bring a couple of cans with me when we go out since most places don't carry it as a bar staple.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    juice has alot of cals and Red Bull is pure sugar and caffiene. I found this chart online

Drinks Amount Calories
    Red Wine 1 glass (5 oz) 105 calories
    Wine White Dry 1 glass (5 oz) 97 calories
    Wine White Medium 1 glass (5 oz) 105 calories
    Wine White Sweet 1 glass (5 oz) 135 calories
    Wine White Sparkling 1 glass (5 oz) 110 calories
    Champagne 1 glass (5 oz) 70 calories
    Screwdriver 1 glass (5 oz) 180 calories
    Margarita 1 glass (5 oz) 157 calories
    Whisky Sour 1 glass (5 oz) 125 calories
    Bacardi 1 glass (5 oz) 118 calories
    Vodka (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 65 calories
    Rum (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 66 calories
    Tequila (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 65 calories
    Brandy (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 64 calories
    Scotch (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 64 calories

You can try a shot of vodka in a glass of diet coke for low cals.

These are great starting points...just keep in mind, most standard bar shots are usually 1.5-2 oz. depending on the drink. Be sure and ask your bartender. Even if they "free-pour" they know what they are giving you. Don't be afraid to ask.
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    drink water and your waistline, your wallet. and your brain will thank you. :bigsmile:

Most people won't notice............the ones who matter don't mind and the ones who mind don't matter

Agreed.
  • AidaR
    AidaR Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I had no idea about half of the stuff you guys told me I feel so much better now :happy:
    Happy Holidays to you all and best of luck with your goals!!!!