What are your macros set at?

Replies

• cblevitron
    Options
    bumppp
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    40/30/30 f/p/c although I never eat the 30% carbs allotted.
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options

How do you achieve such low carbs? I've only recently found my macros, and mine is around 35%, or 116g per day.
    I usually eat filling foods like rice, and I have vegetables and whatnot. Excluding processed snacks, I feel like I still easily managed to go over that set amount.

What are you eating? Lol!
  • cblevitron
    Options
    seriously! i have so much trouble not eating a butt load of carbs. :( i just don't know how to stop.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    20%(C)/50%(P)/30%(F) - I never exceed my 20% of carbs. AND, I just recently introduced more fruit into my diet
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    25% carbs, 40% protein 35% fat
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    sup
  • cblevitron
    Options
    do you all actually eat that much protein?
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    theyre not set at anything but usually fall c/p/f 20/40/40 .
    mfp doesnt deduct fiber
    so net carbs usually fall between 30-40 for me.
  • MSxJENNY
    MSxJENNY Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    25% carb 40% protein 35% fats

I try to eat a lot of protein a day.. over 100g
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    15% carb, 45% protein, 40% fat

Even though 15% puts me at 60/day, I aim for around 50/day. Majority of my carbs are from vegetables.
  • Courtney_7790
    Options
    seriously! i have so much trouble not eating a butt load of carbs. :( i just don't know how to stop.

I feel the same way! I would like to try eating lower carbs, But its the first thing i crave!
  • ShaneOSX
    Options
    I aim for 1g protein per pound, 25% calories from good fat, and the rest in carbs. So, not much left for carbs, which is a good thing.
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

How do you achieve such low carbs? I've only recently found my macros, and mine is around 35%, or 116g per day.
    I usually eat filling foods like rice, and I have vegetables and whatnot. Excluding processed snacks, I feel like I still easily managed to go over that set amount.

What are you eating? Lol!

I don't eat any grains. It's actually pretty hard to eat a lot of carbs without them. Most of my carbs come from vegetables, then fruit, and some starchy veggies (like sweet potatoes) when I'm feeling fancy :-)

Btw, I don't think 116g/day is very high. I just keep mine under 100g/day to stay in a nice weight loss zone. Maybe you could try a smaller portion or rice or subbing it for some vegetables to decrease your numbers.
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    Fat 55% Protein 30% Carbs 15%
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    To cut weight I was at 50P/30C/20F

Now I'm at 45/35/20
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I try to not go over 2300 calories = Carbs 15% (about 85 grams) Protein 35% (about 200 grams) Fat 50% (about 125 grams) I also try to make sure that the carbs I do eat are low glycemic. So no grains sugars or legumes, and only a small amount of fruit or dark chocolate on occasion. Also I think it is important to note that I try to avoid polyunsaturated fats and processed oils. I stick to rendered animal fat, coconut oil, butter and some olive oil. Roughly 50 / 50 saturated and monounsaturated fat.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    When counting carbs do you deduct fiber? I've been getting alot of carbs lately but its mainly from my fruits and veggies.
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 60% fat, 25% protein and 15% carbs. It's not all that hard when you don't eat processed foods, grain, or things with added sugar. I never subtract my fiber from my carbs, but I frequently go over by a little bit, and imagine that would all balance out in the end.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    When counting carbs do you deduct fiber? I've been getting alot of carbs lately but its mainly from my fruits and veggies.

I don't count fiber as part of the total carbs, it doesn't work as fuel for your body even though it technicaly is a carb.