Is it normal -

Options
is it normal to wonder if your scaleis broken when you start really losing weight? haha- kinda like you doubt that all your hardwork is paying off?

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep - I can relate!
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    No lol but I try not to pay attention too much on weight and more so on my transformation and body measurements. For example when I first started my program I was 189 and stayed 189 for about 4 weeks but I had dropped from a size 36 to 32. Then out of nowhere at 6 weeks I was 178 lol
  • hoskibn
    Options
    Yep I do the no that can't possibly be right reweigh.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Haha! I thought it was just me. I've started sneaking on the scale if I see one when visiting friends or family, just to see if they show something in the same range. And I also do the "reweigh". After having stepped on the scale, read the number and gone off, I always think I must have read it wrong or somehow forgotten the number during the past two seconds, so I hop on again to verify.
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Haha! I thought it was just me. I've started sneaking on the scale if I see one when visiting friends or family, just to see if they show something in the same range. And I also do the "reweigh". After having stepped on the scale, read the number and gone off, I always think I must have read it wrong or somehow forgotten the number during the past two seconds, so I hop on again to verify.

so youre a self admitted scale slut too?! i just go around getting on random scales at the gym and drs office too! lmao!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I first started here, I gained weight and had to check the scale, then I stayed the same weight for a month till one day, I lost 2 pounds and 2 days later another 2. I pulled the scale open, readjusted it several time, changed the position on the floor - anything to make me not lose weight. But I had really lost 4 pounds.
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Never thought of it that way, but I guess I am :blushing: It's a pretty new thing, though. I used to be a scale prude. Wouldn't even get on the one at home!