Eat your Breakfast!!!!

Options
Not sure if someone already said this but here's a little something I learned while in the military.. We hear this all the time but Do you know why breakfast is the most important meal of the day?!?!

it's because your metabolism slows down while you're sleeping.. and even when we wake up our bodies don't actually know we're awake until we bite into something to kick start our metabolism..

So if you go all day without eating or eating until noon.. your body is gonna be all confused and out of wack.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Not sure if someone already said this but here's a little something I learned while in the military.. We hear this all the time but Do you know why breakfast is the most important meal of the day?!?!

it's because your metabolism slows down while you're sleeping.. and even when we wake up our bodies don't actually know we're awake until we bite into something to kick start our metabolism..

So if you go all day without eating or eating until noon.. your body is gonna be all confused and out of wack.

Way to make things up
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    Also as soon as you wake up drink 8oz of water to get the metabolism going.

My breakfast everyday :)
    1 Cup Oats
    1 Scoop Whey Protein 25g

4 egg whites and 1 whole egg
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I don't eat until noon, is it bad ?
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

Isn't this one of those myths that have been disproven time and time again???
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't know if breakfast is specifically good for you, but I do believe that a minimum 12 hour fast from the time you stop eating the evening before to the time you eat something the next day is good for you. So if you stop eating at midnight and you eat again at noon, that works. You can call that breakfast or whatever you want.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options

Yes. I'm neutral on the whole eating breakfast thing. I don't know the exact science behind it or anything but after doing some research on intermittent fasting and it's benefits, I am not so sure that one has to eat breakfast everyday. Personally, I prefer waiting until I'm hungry which is usually closer to noon and it does not cause me to overeat later on in the day or anything.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHHAHAH!

I only eat breakfast for the peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal I have every morning.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I don't eat till dinner...is that bad?

Oh and I'm active duty....I've missed this memo.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast or not is a preferance and has no impact on metabolism.

Breakfast the most important meal of the day??? Who said that? Kellogg?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    2irukv5jpg.gif

Oh this will be Fun!!

On a side note I eat a Big Breakfast but that is just because of personal preference and the fact I workout in the A.M. but this truly is a myth in and of itself..... Best of Luck....
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options

Are you trolling?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I was in the military for 12 years, it's lucky I never heard this nonsense though, since nearly half of the time was spent on night shift.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Yes. I'm neutral on the whole eating breakfast thing. I don't know the exact science behind it or anything but after doing some research on intermittent fasting and it's benefits, I am not so sure that one has to eat breakfast everyday. Personally, I prefer waiting until I'm hungry which is usually closer to noon and it does not cause me to overeat later on in the day or anything.

Agreed. I usually wait until I'm hungry. I go through stages where I can eat breakfast and feel full all day, and others where I'd rather wait until lunch because breakfast makes me overeat. :P Just so happen to be comfortable with brekky now; three weeks ago, I didn't eat it.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So, if eating breakfast is so good for you why the *&%$ did I gain 15 pounds during basic.....oh yeah BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast, but I'm indescriminate as to when I eat it . . . I don't really understand why people get all bent out of shape over it. My hubs and I have had all out battles on the topic as he insists that his issue is that he doesn't eat breakfast and then continues to eat late into the night, and I keep telling him that has nothing to do with it, the fact is he eats like ****. He starts in on the bro-tabolism and I call bs and he gets all bent out of shape. It's hard to cure people of long term brainwashing.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Are you trolling?

THIS ^^

I bet someone logged into her account and posted this as a joke...so when she logs in from work she would come online to 9 pages of "Way to promote broscience" and "lolercoster" and "Trollolol" and pictures of the Pirate decline being caused by global warming, and of antelopes enjoying a bowl of popcorn! :)