ALLi WEIGHT LOSS PILL

Options
OKAY SO I JUST STARTED WITH THE ALLi WEIGHT LOSS PILL. MY SISTER IS A REGISTERED NURSE AND I TOLD HER ABOUT IT SHE SAID THAT SHE HAS SEEN DOCTORS PRESCRIBE IT TO PATIENTS. ITS THE ONLY WEIGHT LOSS PILL THAT IS FDA APPROVED...ALSO IT HAS PROVEN TO HELP TO LOSE 50% MORE WEIGHT THAT BETTER EATING ALONE. THE ONLY THING OTHER THAN COUNTING CALORIES IS COUNTING FAT GRAMS...IF YOU DONT IT CAN MAKE YOU HAVE TO CONSTANTLY GO TO THE BATH ROOM SO MAKE SURE YOU WATCH YOUR FAT GRAM INTAKE. I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THE RESULTS!

THE STARTER PACK COMES WITH A JOURNAL, CALORIE COUNTING GUIDE AND GUIDE TO WHAT A BALANCED DIET IS ALL ABOUT.

=)

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Um, I would like to see these studies that claim these AMAZING statistics, as I've been researching Orlistat and tetrahydrolipstatin for a long time and have never seen numbers like that ever come up. Proven to lose 50% more than diet and exercise alone? Are you sure it doesn't say UP TO 50% (IOW, anything from 0 to 50%).
  • acdkatie
    Options
    I would be careful going on those pills, I have friends who went on them and whether you watch how much fat you eat or not yuo are constantly going to the bathroom, also I would say goodbye to any of your nice clothes because you don't want to have any accidents in them while you are on that pill. I am also a registered nurse and I can tell you that just because something is FDA approved doesn't mean that it is good for you, thalidomide was FDA approved too and it gave babies flippers.
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have used it off and on during my weight loss and it has not done me any harm. If nothing else, it certainly helps you hold yourself accountable on your fat intake. Now that I have lost a good bit I feel like it is a crutch I don't need anymore, but I am certainly glad I started off with it cause it helped me get the ball rolling where I had failed to do so before.

Those horrifying toilet side effects that people talk about only happen if you eat SERIOUSLY outside the diet plan. Like, a whole frozen pizza and a bowl of ice cream along with the pill (that example is not random. yikes). Be conservative while you are figuring out how your body reacts to it, but after the first month you can stay under 20-some grams of fat or so with meals you won't have major problems.

If I remember correctly, that 50% statistic was found in a study funded by the drug manufacturer, so possible a grain of salt there.

Good luck with your journey!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    It should come with a pack of adult diapers, a spare pair of underwear, and an extra pair of pants-black of course.
  • Jessrocks
    Jessrocks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    my sister has a stain on her mattress due to "leakage" during her first week on it. Her fault for not reading carefully enough. Didn't realize that when it says your body won't digest the fat, it literally means the fat will pass straight through your body as an oil if you eat too much fat in a meal. Apparently she ate too much fat. It's pretty gross. She monitored herself better and used it as a jumpstart to an overall diet/exercise weight loss program and has been doing well since. But BE CAREFUL!
    Don't think you can eat whatever you want and the fat just won't count... because it eventually has to leave your body. You must monitor your fat intake!!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I would be careful going on those pills, I have friends who went on them and whether you watch how much fat you eat or not yuo are constantly going to the bathroom, also I would say goodbye to any of your nice clothes because you don't want to have any accidents in them while you are on that pill. I am also a registered nurse and I can tell you that just because something is FDA approved doesn't mean that it is good for you, thalidomide was FDA approved too and it gave babies flippers.

I agree. I considered this as an option when I began my journey. I talked with my cousin who is a pharmacist. Basically, what she said is that once you eliminate the drug company sponsored studies (always suspect), the results are not different enough from "diet and exercise alone" to make me want to risk the side effects. For others, it may be enough, but for me it was not.

Please be careful when making this decision. Investigate carefully. Doctors may not know all the details of the drug. They have a million other things they do every day. They don't always have time to investigate new drugs. That's why I talked with my cousin. It is her job to know about ALL the drugs, old and new, and all their possible side effects.

Be careful!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    There is nothing better than good old exercise and healthy eating. What happens when you go off these pills? It's just another diet. The best way to truly keep off the weight is a lifestyle change.
  • dawn13523
    Options
    How many of these pills have been recalled and subject to lawsuits over the past 10 - 15 years ?
    I dont think its worth the risk.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Alli has been linked to polyps developing in the colon. Not all polyps are cancerous, but they can be. I used to work for a Gastroenterologist so I can tell you that Colonoscopies are not fun. Neither is colon cancer. Not worth it.
  • miaangel345
    Options
    There is nothing better than good old exercise and healthy eating. What happens when you go off these pills? It's just another diet. The best way to truly keep off the weight is a lifestyle change.

Exactly!
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    years ago a lot of my family members went on PhenPhen (FenFen?), i don't know how to spell it. they all lost a lot of weight but then it was discovered that it was really really bad for you (can't remember how, but i think people died) and it was pulled of the market right away. that was also FDA approved.

ever since then i've been too scared to go near pills.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    years ago a lot of my family members went on PhenPhen (FenFen?), i don't know how to spell it. they all lost a lot of weight but then it was discovered that it was really really bad for you (can't remember how, but i think people died) and it was pulled of the market right away. that was also FDA approved.

ever since then i've been too scared to go near pills.
    My in-laws were on Fen-Phen and is caused major depressive, manic symptoms in my father-in-law (I think you have to be predisposed). But every single one of them after going off them have ALL gained back a huge amount of weight. IMO, I think that pills sometimes can be a good jump start, but cannot be maintained. But Alli has always scared me, so not going near that one.
  • cmorse360
    Options
    This sounds great! I'd love to see some quick results to finish this up.
    298865.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Um, I would like to see these studies that claim these AMAZING statistics, as I've been researching Orlistat and tetrahydrolipstatin for a long time and have never seen numbers like that ever come up. Proven to lose 50% more than diet and exercise alone? Are you sure it doesn't say UP TO 50% (IOW, anything from 0 to 50%).

The studies I have seen and even their commercial says UP TO 50% more that just diet and exercise alone.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

The studies I have seen and even their commercial says UP TO 50% more that just diet and exercise alone.

That's my thinking too, which is tantamount to saying " You could lose nothing, or you could lose a ton." LOL!
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I have taken many different weight loss pills and the side effects are not all the same, but some of them are really bad. The best personal advice that I have is to find a good vitamen that works best for your personal body type and the goals you have for your self. Also find a "diet " that you can maintain for a life time with out feeling deprived or starved. Excercise isn't always an exciting thought but it is fun if you have a buddy to do it with and keep changing your workouts so that you do not get bored with them.
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I have taken many different weight loss pills and the side effects are not all the same, but some of them are really bad. The best personal advice that I have is to find a good vitamen that works best for your personal body type and the goals you have for your self. Also find a "diet " that you can maintain for a life time with out feeling deprived or starved. Excercise isn't always an exciting thought but it is fun if you have a buddy to do it with and keep changing your workouts so that you do not get bored with them.
  • jessica_benson
    Options
  • samanthalynne21
    samanthalynne21 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. I was just excited to let everyone know that I found something that worked for me. Something that I read alot about before purchasing. I dont take it every single day..I space it out..I have lost 5 pounds when I usually only lose 2 pounds So I have lost 3 extra pounds... I dont plan on taking it for life, I bought a bottle that only has 60 pills in it. And when they are gone that is when I plan to stop.

I have seen results and have had no accidents at all. I dont run to the bathroom..I go the same as I used to.

some things work better for others.