Polar FT4 for larger people

Options
I want to get my husband a Polar FT4. He currently wears a 3xl. Is the chest strap big enough to accomodate larger people? I can't seem to find that info on the Amazon site.

Thanks!

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I found this on the Polar forums: The M-XL will fit a 27" chest to a 60" chest.

I can confirm the bottom number is right. When I cinch mine down to the smallest (I don't wear it that way, just tried it to measure one night) it was 26". I personally am not sure it would be comfortable at 60" though. I think that's high. I would say maybe 50" or so?
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    the problem is I can't seem to find the size requirements on Amazon, and since I'm a Prime member, I'd rather buy from them. Thanks for the info-it helps alot!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Here are the straps, though it doesn't list measurements. I would say the sizes are accurate.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/accessories/Soft_strap

So, the strap the HRMs come with are M-XXL. Your husband wears a XXXL. There is a strap in that size. Though, I might opt for the smaller strap since I assume he's trying to lose weight. I'm not sure if you can purchase them with the bigger strap anyway, or if you have to buy a larger strap separately? Contact Polar and see if you could exchange the regular strap for the larger one if it's too small?
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    thanks so much Omma!
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have found at our local sports shop that you can get an extender belt.

You should try contact polar dirrect.

Good luck