Myths about..

Yeah, you guessed it. Metabolism.

I replied this in another thred, but seriously, it should have it's own.

You don't need to start your metabolism up in your morning, you don't have to eat frequently to keep it up, and it doesn't just stop working if you eat too little (although I do not reckomend eating too little, but that's because of other health reasons). Our bodies are NOT that weak, our metabolism functions perfecly well without us having to do all these things to keep it in check. People saying otherwise are just basing their ideas on OLD theories and myths, but no wonder really, since all the magazines and tv-shows keep repeating it, and telling it as the truth, even when countless research proves them wrong.

Sigh...

Oh, and it also doesn't matter if you eat late at night, or if you have one gigantic meal during the day, or six smaller ones. It might affect your mood, your hunger and other stuff, but it WILL NOT RUIN YOUR METABOLISM.

Just had to get that off my chest ^^

Replies

• All until the next big research comes back and says it is.... kind of like the egg debate for decades.
  • Science is science. It doesn't change if it is right. Makes me mad that the health industry continues to preach that all calories are created equal when research and science has proven otherwise.