Help Me!!!! I need motivation - STAT

Options
I have NEVER been in the position I am in right now in my entire life. I am lacking motivation and am angry with myself everyday because I didn't follow through with my plan to keep down my calories and do the workout I had planned on doing all day. I am stuck in a rut. I have never weighed this much and have always been the one to motivate others to get healthy and workout. Are their any tricks out there that anyone would like to share? I also need ideas for low calorie meals.::yawn:

Replies

• MRoy
    MRoy Posts: 4
    Options
    I have NEVER been in the position I am in right now in my entire life. I am lacking motivation and am angry with myself everyday because I didn't follow through with my plan to keep down my calories and do the workout I had planned on doing all day. I am stuck in a rut. I have never weighed this much and have always been the one to motivate others to get healthy and workout. Are their any tricks out there that anyone would like to share? I also need ideas for low calorie meals.::yawn:
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Foods higher in fiber. Eat small portions about every 2 to 3 hours. Identify what is triggering you to overeat or eat the wrong foods. How you're feeling and whatnot. Measure your calorie intake here on mfp. I use this place like a bible....
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    More protein than carbs in the morning will help you keep your appetite suppressed. Itiwll also allow your boddy to burn fat 33% faster for 6-8 hours. Canadian Bacon w/fatfree cheese melted over it is great. you can eat it alone or on a slice of whole grain low calorie bread.

As far as exercise.....If I get in a rut I try and identify what is causing me to not go to the gym or whatever your method of exercise is. What ever that reason is i focus on changing it and everything that surrounds it
  • wiesk1
    wiesk1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Don't loose hope, everyone falls down once in a while!! You just gotta learn to pick yourself back up. Start a new day today. Plan out what your going to eat. How about tonight, you have a grilled chicken breast atop a nice green salad, maybe even a spinich salad? And for dessert, hmmm fruit!! Fruit and yoghurt, my favorite :) Now doesnt that sound nice? You don't need any of those high calorie/bad for you food. The other stuff is just as good. Promise :smile: Now, go make yourself some hot tea, read a magazine/book, relax and don't beat yourself up about it. Just change your behaviour. Thats all, hope it helps!
  • FitKitty
    FitKitty Posts: 46
    Options
    I so know how you feel. The first week I as on here I lost 3 lbs, went to the gym regularly, and felt great. Now I make plans to eat well but still fall short. I cant wait to see what advice people have to offer here (I need it too).
    All I can say is try your hardest, and the people on MFP will be here to help you all the way!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    There are two things the body does best one is to eat and the other is to avoid exercise at all costs. However, once the body does get started exercising on a regular basis it produces a chemical that's addictive and makes the body seek more -- it's just getting it started that's the mental challenge.

As you start to see the scales flicker downward you will get additional motivation which will drive you to exercise and eat smarter. Eventually you will get to a point that your body and mind will be in sync with each other and you will achieve your goals.

Keep calling out for help. Hang in there because we're all rooting for you!:flowerforyou:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I see you're from the snowy north--me too! It's really easy to get down in the dumps when it's too cold to even walk outside. Don't try to do too much at once--listen to your body, excercise as much as you can, but don't kill yourself. Even 15 minutes is better than nothing! Try to find a way to have your favorite foods in a healthy way. (I love cheese, it's practically a crime how good it tastes. So I've become addicted to non-fat cottage cheese. Still tastes salty and cheesy, but has way less calories and no fat! Hooray!) Above all, remember that this is a long, long process, and you're bound to stumble a little bit. The important part is to keep going!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath. It is something we all feel at one time or another. Make sure you are focusing your efforts. Plan your choices for food that will help. When you have a chance try new things. Put a little excitement back into your meals. I am a fan of trying new things.

Don't give up though!!!
    You can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I made the decision to lose the weight at the beginning of the year. I hated how I looked, my clothes were ill-fit and I looked fat in all the pictures.

Once I entered my GOALS, I followed them religiously. I exercise 3 times a week burning about 500 calories per workout and I eat almost all my extra calories I get from working out.

Since last Wednesday, I have lost 17 lbs since the beginning of the year.

Just stay focus and determined. Keep away from junk food and try to make every calorie count with good, nutritious foods. When you go out to eat, choose baked instead of fried, veggies instead of french fries, water instead of pop.

Don't get down if you don't commit 100% in the first week. It takes time for your body and mind to adjust to a change. Think of this as a lifestyle change instead of a "diet". Diets are temporary.

Good luck in your journey and always read the boards here. It helps keep me focused and informed.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position -- I've NEVER been as out of shape as I am now and I've always been the one to get other people motivated. I found that the same things that I used to get myself moving just haven't really been working lately, and I've become adept at cheating or cutting corners, blaming too much travel or a knee surgery, or stress or whatever else comes to mind. The things that used to work for me a few years ago just don't any more.

So, I took a deep breath, and started anew. I really do feel like you can change your life at any moment -- it is never too late to change the path that you're on.

For me, I decided to try some of the things I learned from You: On a Diet. Specifically, my only goal lately has been to read the first five ingredients of any food I put into my mouth. If it says any of the following, I don't buy it or eat it:
    1. Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil
    2. Sugar
    3. High fructose corn syrup
    4. Enriched flour
    5. Bleached white flour

I've been doing this for a few weeks now, and frankly I've never felt better. I had to say goodbye to many of my old standby foods that I thought were healthy (or, if not exactly healthy, then at least not UNhealthy), like cool whip, fat free salad dressing, fat free pudding, etc.

The other thing I try to tell myself often is, for God's sake Monica, GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY! Believe that you will succeed, and let it happen. It will.