Food for storing in car?

Options
Okay, here's the deal. I am a college student, I work a job, and I'm in band. AKA, I live in my car.

I do relatively well with everything in regards to packing meals, choosing the right things while out, and I always know what's going into my body.

I'd like to find some more things to store in my car that would help me to avoid buying things like protein bars and such when I'm in a crunch.

I always keep a box of Clif Bars in my car along with a case of water. I was thinking about getting some dried fruit to snack on as well?
Note:Things that are easy to eat are a plus. I don't want to use much silverware if at all possible.

Thanks for the help in advance =)

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a can of raw almonds in my car, but I have to hide it or the rest o the family gobbles them up!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Jerky and nuts and canned tuna.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Jerky and nuts and canned tuna.

I keep nuts as it is, almost everywhere. The jerky is a good one too.
    I love tuna, but I may have to skip it due to the smell it creates in the car upon eating it. ^_^
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I also keep raw almonds in the 100 calorie packs or pre-measured into 100 calorie servings in snack bags. I really like beef jerky and turkey jerky as a quick protein boost that is extremely portable. Sometimes I really need a carb fix so I also have 100 calorie bags of pretzels or pretzel crisps.