Lifting Heavy?

Options
13»

Replies

• awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

. . . . . Save your money and buy nice feminine workout clothes that can make you look cute while lifting like a badass!

I love that comment. I hit the gym - and have a trainer (Oh, btw - he trains me the same way he trains his male clients!) and I keep telling him this whole routine that we have is all about "Looking Cute"!!
  • shannicolesklut7
    Options
    *** Disclaimer*** I am not a trainer, but I grew up lifting and working out and am very familiar with this subject.

This is what works for me. Begin with a weight that you are comfortable with. For example, if ten pound dumb bells are your starting point start there. You should be able to comfortably complete 8 reps, but should struggle to get to 12. Once you are able to do three sets of 12 reps with a weight, it is time to move up. I usually add 2 1/2 lbs at a time. Once you figure out your starting weight, you need to organize your workout. Usually people make it too complicated. Just remember to complete a push exercise followed by a pull ecercise. For example complete three sets of your bench press followed by three sets of bentover rows. The last thing you need to remember, and this is the most important is your form. If you do not have proper form, you are more prone to injury and you are not going to earn maximum results from your workout. Good luck!
  • PeterThompson
    Options
    yes isolation is important if you want a certain muscles to tone or make it big but i i think muscle strengthening is just like stretching your muscles and make it ready for a more vigorous activity
    http://bestadjustabledumbbellsreviews.com/
  • skolvikes5
    Options
    I just wanted to clarify, I do not think isolation exercises are a waste of time. They are valuable for sure. The bits I was calling nonsense was the muscle lengthening and the women need to train differently than men.
    I agree. Obviously compound movements are the best: bench, squats, deads, bent rows etc. I would focus on those lifts and sprinkle an iso in at the end. I typically lift in the 4-6 rep range, so really heavy. Iso lifts in the 8-12 rep range to avoid injury.