HELP!!!!!

i find it hard to say no to food and when am on a diet i think of food 24/7.. help!!!!!!!!! WHAT CAN I DO TO CHANGE THIS. THANKS

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    You can eat anything ( in moderation) as long as its within your calories...but eating fresh nutritious food will always be best :smil

Edited to add try to look at it as a lifestyle change..not a DIET
  • Quit thinking of this as a DIET. Think of it as a healthy lifestyle change instead.

To me Diet means I'm depriving myself of whatever for a set amount of time. Healthy Lifestyle Change means that I'm gradually changing the way I eat for the better (while still allowing that occassional piece of chocolate or bowl of ice cream). It also means that I'm not going to go into overpanic mode if I occassionally eat more than my alloted calories once in a while. I know it is not always feasible to do a sudden 180 in eating habits so to me starting out substituting a side salad instead of fries or fruit instead of a snickers is a realistic plan for my healthy lifestyle change.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    You might want to check out these to help with the thinking about food issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Guided-Meditation-Hypnosis-Techniques-Relaxation/dp/B001H9MLSM/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_1
    http://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Eating-Practice-Meditation-Siddharth/dp/B004JVUJ3Y/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_2

Try to consume your thoughts with enjoyable activities OTHER than food. Sometimes we just get caught up in work and other things and eating is a quick fix for our fluxuating moods/energy levels.

This book has also been very insightful to me.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Willpower-Instinct-Self-Control-Matters/dp/1583335080/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347465667&sr=8-1&keywords=willpower+instinct+paperback
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 627 Member
    I used to be in the same position as you, and in some ways still am. I agree with the above posters.....dont think of it as a diet. Its a new lifestyle. You got to where you are now because of your old lifestyle, so why would you ever go back to it?

Practice a bit of self-control and count calories. Dont subscribe to any fancy crazy restrictive diet...it is the best thing I can recommend for people like us who love food. If you do that, you will burn out and fail.

I still eat whatever I want, I just make sure I either stay within my calorie goals, or punish myself at the gym to earn back the extra calories.

I have given up fast food however which I miss at times...but it is a small price to pay for the results I have seen
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    If you are hungry all the time you are either not eating enough or not eating enough healthy food. I don't eat grain, legumes, and I limit fruit. I have lots of FAT, mostly good fat. My macros are 65 fat, 25 protein, 10 carb. I'm not telling you to eat this way and likely you won't have to, but I have NO more cravings or binging and am never hungry unless I really am. I'm in the best health ever, and, bonus, I'm losing fat off of my body.