What are some really healthy quick omelettes?

Options
I am stuck on Oatmeal as breakfast suggestion, and wish to include Omelettes as my second breakfast choice. Yet, I don't know how to make a good and healthy omelette under 10-20 minutes. Any suggestions?

PS: How would you log an omelette?

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    First Issue: pre chop any veggies or other ingredients before the week starts so you can just make the dish.

Second issue: In much the same way that you log a few eggs, some peppers, cheese, and ham.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Just add the calories of the number of eggs or egg whites you use; and add whatever fresh chopped vegetables you like, maybe some cheese, or some ham or bacon. Yum!
  • KristyStuebe
    KristyStuebe Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Excellent Suggestion...Im gunna steal that idea
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It usually ends up turning more into a scramble, but if you're more skilled than I am you can totally make it an omelette....

1 cup egg whites (you know, the kind in the carton that doesn't require any cracking!)
    1 cup baby spinach
    2 slices uncured turkey bacon (the kind from trader joe's is deliiiiissh)... canadian bacon would be a good alternative
    1/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar

Spray some Pam, tear up the turkey bacon and spinach with my hands (because I'm professional like that) and toss it in the pan... while that's cooking I beat the egg whites with maybe a tablespoon of skim or low fat milk (it's really all you need), then just pour them on top.

Takes about 10 minutes tops! And comes out SUPER flavorful for being an egg white omelette!
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I use diced tomato, slice up 1/2 avocado, and shredded mozzarella cheese in my omelets.

For the diary, add each ingredient separately, but then click on "Remember Meal" under quick tools. It will appear under "My Meals" for future reference (and will allow for any tweaks to the ingredients if necessary).