Lifting weights/Cardio

Options
I just had a baby 8 weeks ago, am breastfeeding and have been working out again since I was 3 weeks postpartum. I am getting my figure back pretty quickly but still would like to lose 10 lbs max. I am trying to keep my calories around 2000 while nursing so I dont lose my milk supply and when I exercise I eat even more calories to make up for that as well. I have always been good about rotating cardio and weights, but was wondering if it would be ok to do a full body weight circuit all on 1 day and then the next do HIIT or cardio and then switching this up all week. Before I always did upper body 1 day, cardio, the next, lower body, cardio, etc and that worked out fine but was wondering what others though about doing all my major muscles all in 1 day? Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Yes, most people will have lifting-specific days and then cardio-specific days. I lift M/W/F and do low-impact cardio on T/Th, myself. It is also generally recommended for beginning weight lifters to do full body compound routines 2-3 times a week to start. So basically, you're on the right track.
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    Yes, most people will have lifting-specific days and then cardio-specific days. I lift M/W/F and do low-impact cardio on T/Th, myself. It is also generally recommended for beginning weight lifters to do full body compound routines 2-3 times a week to start. So basically, you're on the right track.

What he said M/W/F HIIT T/Th Low-impact