Easter fitness challenge - Mar 03

Options
Good morning all

How is everyone doing with their challenge not long till easter now 3 weeks yesterday.

Core fitness dvd 45 mins this morning.
Walk for 1 hr done this morn.
Cut the grass and tidied the garden up took 1hr or so this will make up for my 30 mins walk to school this afternoon my son is going to a friends to play after school.

Feeling stressed today and a bit down I feel bad for not exercising yesterday I know I shouldn't and then someone has stole 1 of my conifers from my front garden and now my border is all uneven and it has really gotten to me I am sure it is the teenagers next door they aren't very nice and they get drunk and rowdy most weekends probably their idea of a joke but I spend a lot of time keeping my gardens nice and I am a bit upset we even won an award from our local commissioners 2nd prize for our xmas lights I love the front of my house looking presentable all year round from daffs to pansy through srping and summer to my xmas lights in winter I just find it disappointing and it has left me feeling a bit fed up now.

Gonna go and have a cup of green tea and put the TV and for 30mins before I tackle a mountain of ironing hopefully a rest for a bit will do me good. (I wish I was going on holiday this year I need something to look forward too, we aren't goin away till next aug 09 when we are going for 2 1/2 weeks to florida to stay in my parents villa it is just soooo long away)

Moan over have a gr8 day everybody.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Good morning all

How is everyone doing with their challenge not long till easter now 3 weeks yesterday.

Core fitness dvd 45 mins this morning.
    Walk for 1 hr done this morn.
    Cut the grass and tidied the garden up took 1hr or so this will make up for my 30 mins walk to school this afternoon my son is going to a friends to play after school.

Feeling stressed today and a bit down I feel bad for not exercising yesterday I know I shouldn't and then someone has stole 1 of my conifers from my front garden and now my border is all uneven and it has really gotten to me I am sure it is the teenagers next door they aren't very nice and they get drunk and rowdy most weekends probably their idea of a joke but I spend a lot of time keeping my gardens nice and I am a bit upset we even won an award from our local commissioners 2nd prize for our xmas lights I love the front of my house looking presentable all year round from daffs to pansy through srping and summer to my xmas lights in winter I just find it disappointing and it has left me feeling a bit fed up now.

Gonna go and have a cup of green tea and put the TV and for 30mins before I tackle a mountain of ironing hopefully a rest for a bit will do me good. (I wish I was going on holiday this year I need something to look forward too, we aren't goin away till next aug 09 when we are going for 2 1/2 weeks to florida to stay in my parents villa it is just soooo long away)

Moan over have a gr8 day everybody.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Wow! Less than 3 weeks until Easter?! Not only do I need to stay focused for the next 3 weeks I need to get shopping for Easter baskets! I'm going to Las Vegas in a few weeks so I'm running out of time to do these things. And, I need to plan a strategy for while I'm in Vegas. We are staying with my Brother-In-Law so no hotel fitness center and not all day computer access to keep track of my food as I eat it. Well, and two solid days of driving ~ might need some car exercises. I'll get it figured out. I'm MOTIVATED to get this done!

Yesterday I did a Sparkpeople 15 min Abs Workout on YouTube, rode my bike for 45 min at a moderate pace, drank my water, and took my vitamins & meds. I did a little snow shoveling and some bulk cooking yesterday, too, although I didn't count those. I had over 400 calories left over last night from what I did count when I went to bed. I know it's not good to do that consistenly but it's okay some, isn't it? I didn't do it on purpose but wondering if I do that a few times a week if it would help stimulate my weight loss?

Anyway, (((HUGS))) Vicky! YOU are doing GREAT!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Vicky - ever take a vacation at home? I love these - you take off work and cooking - just go out to eat at goof off all day. Sometimes it's hard not do catch up on things, but I manage to goof off plenty. We do this every so often. This year will be one.

Niccole - I think it's ok to go under every once and a while - just not every day. As far as the car goes - this is what I do when taking road trips (I'm afraid to fly, so I take a lot of road trips). Every 3-4 hours, we (mom and I) get out and walk a mile. This would be harder for you with the kids, but they might like it too. I usually plan out some park or garden to tour. It breaks up the trip and makes it more interesting. Usually you can find a hotel or gym that will give you a short term membership - I believe that is what wanderinglight is doing. Also, the temperature will be perfect in Vegas.

Yesterday I took it easy - husband wanted to walk twice - 30 minutes each time. But that is all I did. I went over by 100 calories, but I'm not going to sweat that. My legs still feel weak, so I'm taking today off from leg weights and elliptical. I'll do upper body and then my yoga class.

Dreaming of summer trips,

Mary

Oh, and I'm officially in the 150s now!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good Monday morning all. First thing this morning I did 20 minutes of shoveling, 30 minutes of Biggest Loser Cardio, 15 minutes of Power Sculpt and rode my bike for 7 1/2 miles. I've decided to cut the power sculpt to three days a week instead of five as I haven't seen any progress on the scale. I like the definition in my muscles and got some really nice compliments this weekend but still have ten pounds to go to reach my goal.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! I kind of took the weekend off of exercising - which was o.k. I hit it again this a.m. - 30 mins of cardio and 20 of strength training. Remembered my vitamin :smile: Forgot for most of last week - I find it amazing that I remind the kids to take theirs, but then forget to take mine! I did lose the 2 lbs of water weight I gained last week - won't make that mistake again!! Went shopping Sun and got a whole bunch of healthy veggies and fruit. Yummy! Have a great Monday!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Over an hour in the weight room with my husband (yes, I finally got him on board) and then we hit the track for an easy run. College is on spring break this week and I dont' have to travel with my teams so I get a huge break = lots of time to workout! Just the boost I need!

Will post my March progress picture later, haven't lost any weight, but the belly is definitely getting more firm :tongue:
    Have a great Monday!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Very honest and inspirational posts this morning. I feel for all of you that are still shoveling!

Julie -- congrats on being within ten pounds, that is AWESOME!

Niccole -- I was feeling a bit blue as well -- I had been doing well but then last night I sort of stuffed myself (with healthy stuff, but still eating more than was comfortable) right before bed and had bad dreams and guilty feelings all night. I guess we all need a misstep here and there. Getting back on track is what's key. So sorry to hear about your missing conifer too.

Anyway, I was back at the local gym this morning, raring to take a yoga class. I got all settled in and was wondering why it seemed like people were laughing at me. Turns out I had inadvertently joined a "Senior Stretch Group" - LOL. I was the youngest one there by at least 40 years. It was really so great to see all the older people working to get fit!

I ducked out and did 50 minutes on the bike and some painful bosu ball sit-ups. Tonight I'll be trying to get in a yoga podcast before bed. It's tough to keep going since we are working 7 days a week, 15 or 20 hours a day, but I've made a commitment to exercise and doggone it, I'm gonna do it!

Keep fighting the good fight!

- Monica
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a day off from cardio today. I had tivo'ed a dance workout yesterday, and liked it so much I did it twice.

I will try to do my weights on the ball later. (Had a really physical day at work today, and have been having trouble with fatigue lately)

:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yikes Easter three weeks away, I'm sure I won't lose what I wanted to but I am coming to terrms with how long it takes to get better. I did my PT today, drank all my waters and took my vitamins too. But that was all and I just lazed away the rest of the day and did not even get on the computer till 5:30. Sitting in front of the computer for long hurts too. I guess it is the way I sit. My goal for today was to get through today without having to lay down on my heating pad. So far so good. I will weigh in tomorrow because I just totally forgot to do it today.

Vicky I 'm sorry to hear your border was messed up, I wish we had green stuff instead of snow, I'm sure Julie B would like the snow to go away too, Julie what will you do to replace shoveling? Hey there Vivia, sorry to hear you had a hard day. Niccole you sound as upbeat as usual, and the rest of you are really hanging in there too. I feel absolutely lazy compared to you guys but watch out come summer because after I get all healed up I will be raring to go. I would like to feel better by the time I need to be out hoeing the garden. See ya all tomorrow, and maybe I'll get to post sooner, we have town meeting and the primary tomorrow so probably not.