able bodied individuals using the...

Options
2»

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I would rather have my children kidnapped than have family outings in a bathroom stall. What's wrong with kids these days? Little wussies.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'll use the accessible toilet if that is the only one available, or if I need the extra space because I have lots of suitcases and no one to watch them.
    I would also use it if I had a pram and no other option to leave a little one somewhere when I had to go.

If I have no need to use it, I'll go to a regular stall if there is one free.
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only if all the other stalls are being used!
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    When I was on crutches and couldn't walk, or the time I spent in a wheelchair, I always used this stall. That being said, I was kind of annoyed when I'd go into a bathroom and the only stall NOT available was the only one I could access....and it always seemed like folks took their sweet time in there doing who knows what.

I do use it when there is one and no one else is around, but I make sure to go quickly about my business...
  • ltkjmj04
    Options
    I always do, there is so much more room in the stall and once a lady in the wheelchair told me that was meant to be saved for handicapped people and I told her NO, it was made so they could use it but it's free to be used by anyone. It didn't mean she gets to cut in line to use it. I wasn't rude to her but we all have to pee, just because she was sitting down didn't mean she had to pee more than I did.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I like the extra leg and arm room of the bigger stall. No reason not to take it on the off-chance that a wheelchair-bound person may show up (which I have almost never encountered). And if they did, they should be able to wait just like anyone else if all stalls are taken.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I avoid it And the first stall closest to the door because I think those are the most popular and I prefer to boldly go where no man has gone before
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a law that says a non handicapped person CANT use the handicapped stall. I use it if the rest room is empty. And I never had a handicapped/disabled person come in to use it while I was.

However, I am finding some places are making the regular stalls a bit wider now, which is great! :)
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If everyone present is able-bodied, then that stall is fair game. Why slow down the line-up for no good reason?

If someone does enter with a wheelchair, crutches, etc. then they should immediately be offered the large stall.
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but it's not solely there for someone in a wheelchair, it's there because there needs to be an accessible stall per the ADA. Regular folks can certainly use it too. It's just that it's available to them, when it's free.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I would rather have my children kidnapped than have family outings in a bathroom stall. What's wrong with kids these days? Little wussies.

Hilarious. I do have to take my 2 yr old nephew on family outtings in the stall. Lord knows what kind of trouble he could get into while my pants are down around my ankles.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Hilarious. I do have to take my 2 yr old nephew on family outtings in the stall. Lord knows what kind of trouble he could get into while my pants are down around my ankles.

HAHAHA! Remember For Better or for Worse?
    jjnwhf.jpg