Hundredth time dieting, 1st time sharing journey.

Options
Hello, I am in desperate need for encouragement along this journey. I have dieted so many times I didn't want to try again. Here I go again! So help me please I have 200+ lbs to lose.:explode:

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I find myself in the same boat, I've tried "dieting" or exersise but never shared it. I find that sharing goals helps because not only are you held accountable to yourself, but it's embarassing to tell someone you're going to do something and then not do it. THat's why I started sharing anyone, even though it meant admitting I'm 130lbs overweight.
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    First time or hundredth time, it doesn't matter. We've all been there before regardless of how much one needs to lose. Feel free to add me. I log every day, good and bad and encourage as much as I can get on to MFP. You CAN do this :)
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think we can all say been there done that, most often more than once. Deciding to do it is the first step, sticking with it is the next. We can all do this with each other for support.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how many times you dieted my friend it's getting back up and keep going. I know how you feel because I have done the exact same thing, but this time it is different I never logged my calories and never realized how many calories I was actually consuming. Until I found MFP and I started logging all my calories it really keeps me on track and accountable to others. I had over 100lbs. to lose and hope to meet my goal weight by March. Just remember taking the weight off won't really be the hardest part of the journey it will be "keeping it off" once you meet your goal!!!!!
    You can add me as a friend if you like and I will keep you in my prayers!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • katys_workinforit
    Options
    Glad you decided to share the journey. I find the tracking really helps me. Even when you slip... track it. No shame in slipping, it is the lack of honesty with yourself that will bring you down.

I am 3 weeks in, with about 100 lbs to lose.

What is working for me is TRACKING the calories!!! Drink lots of water!! And setting small goals for myself to achieve... 3lbs to a new pair of shoes baby!!!

Good luck .
  • avalou8221
    avalou8221 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I decided to start over again this morning for what seems like the 1000th time. I have well over 100lbs to lose and am looking to help encourage and be encouraged to never give up again. We can do this!!
  • TheBigDog923
    Options
    You can do it. Take it slow, but be consistent. I also have over 200 lbs to lose. It took time to put it on, and will take time to shed it. Good luck.
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I am on here everyday and I love to provide support and encouragement to all of my friends.
  • PamMedford
    Options
    This is my first time sharing my journey and the 100 th time dieting as well. I was just diagnosed as pre diabetic. I feel frustrated because I know how hard it is. I have about 125 pounds to lose to goal, but I am going to this 10% at a time. You are not alone.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've tried every diet going. I found this time saying I'm on a healthy eating plan, rather than a diet is working better. Also having people along for the ride is also great encouragement. And tracking everything, whether it's good or bad. You're only honest with yourself if you have to track it. The great thing with this is just take it one day at a time. If you mess up one day, tomorrow is a new day.

Add me anytime if you want extra support. I've got 100+ lbs to lose.

Deb :)
  • cinden33
    cinden33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I personally discourage the use of the word diet. That is why a program like this works, because it's not asking you to do anything but eat healthier and move. No diet tricks here :) Slow and steady wins the race :)