IMPATIENCE

Options
I've struggled with my weight for a couple of years now and I have lost and gained the same 20lb countless times. I know how to lose 20 quickly but obviously that's not going to stay off. I really want to do it right this time but I am SO IMPATIENT!!

I just want to hear how other people have overcome impatience and changed their lifestyle for good not just for a month or two. I need a little reassurance that if I stay within 1200 calories and do the exercise I will reach my goal and be able to maintain.

xoxo

Emma

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i would love to know too. i just hit my 20 lb goal and i am scared about maintaining... will i be able to do it?
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I know it sucks and is so slow you don't see any real progress for weeks but the max you should lose is 2 pounds a week if you want to keep it off it took me 3 months to lose 7 pounds (I only want to lose 20 pounds total) eating between BMR and TDEE moderate exercise and cheating every weekend lol, buuut when I had a week off dieting as I was ill I ate a hold load of crap to make me feel better and I didn't put on a single pound, slow and steady wins the race. It's tedious when you wanna be slim yesterday, but is save all the yoyoing in the end :)
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You need to change your focus from how much or how quickly you are losing to just living a healthy life. Focus on eating well and getting some exercise. Eventually your body will go along with it and you will start losing and keep it off. It is a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had a week off dieting as I was ill I ate a hold load of crap to make me feel better and I didn't put on a single pound, slow and steady wins the race. It's tedious when you wanna be slim yesterday, but is save all the yoyoing in the end :)

THIS is what I want....the amount of times a weekend has ruined my diet is unreal. Thanks for replying, I know what I need to do I just wanted to hear from people who have actually done it....a little extra push :)