Holiday Baking

Options
Is it just me or does baking make you feel like you have already eaten a whole cake. This morning I started my baking. My husband and father in law wanted butterscotch brownies and my mom wanted a rum cake. I swear after baking them I feel stuffed I did not taste either one. I don't even want to eat them now, and now my whole house smells like butterscotch and spiced rum. I did not even want lunch today. Am I crazy or is it just the smell?

Replies

• leighoconnell
    Options
    I'd blame the smell. That and you probably wore yourself out. I find that since I started eating healthy I really have no desire to eat sugery foods or dessert, unless its my TOM. This could explain it as well.
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Isn't not wanting to eat the desserts a good thing? I should try that. :wink:
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Its not just you! Ive made peanut brittle, peanut butter cups, PB chocolate fudge, white chocolate fudge, fudge puddles, snickerdoodles, and a pumpkin pie. I have not taken one bite but I still feel like I ate it all lol
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Yup I am the same way. Dont want to eat any of it after I am done baking. (maybe part of it is the smeel, but I think for me part of it is I know what is going into the recipe and the amount of calories so it detures me from really wanting any) Merry Christmas!!!!
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I wish I had that issue..... I've gained 3 pounds since I've started holiday plate baking. ;) Ah well, I'm enjoying it though.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way too! I have been having to remind myself to eat and that is sooooooo not me!