ground turkey is getting boring!

Options
13»

Replies

• amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    my favorite is my meat balls, I just add progressive italian bread crumbs (1/2 cup) to 1 lb of ground turkey, with one egg, mix together and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

I eat them with spaghetti, and the leftovers I just reheat for lunch alongside a salad!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    93/7 beef has about the same amount of calories as turkey, doesn't it?
  • seadiamond1
    Options
    Why ground turkey only? You can get steaks , strips or chunks then it can be marinated, added to chilli, made into a curry, stirfried, made into fajitas, bbq flavoured...... much more choice if you go with a variety of cuts rather than just mince

You make a very good point. Thank you!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    by the way, no turkey today right? I'm eating foods from animals that push forward into the new year as they forage for food, like pigs, not ones that scratch backwards into 2012 like poultry
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    google alton browns gyro recipe, used ground turkey instead and add some red wine vinegar and make it ground instead of patty. turkey can be rockstar, just need to season it right.
  • Greytiger1951
    Options
    try adding it to my vegetarian chili recipe instead of portabello mushrooms
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    also, best thing to do is put your ground turkey in a food processor, it is awesome!
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of my recipes off of the Weight Watchers website (you can print out recipes without being a member). I've tried their ground turkey chili and taco soup recipe (made with ground turkey) and they were both yummy!!! :smile:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Enchilladas! Or stuffed peppers :)